Drove my first Terminator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove my first Terminator!

My buddy let me drive his 04 cobra yesterday. He's got a KB 2.6L on it, among other things. It made 605 RWHP on pump gas. That was my first terminator, and first 600+ HP car to drive. Freakin' awesome, lol. He pretty much tossed me the keys and said if you break it you buy it, and if you go to jail, not my fault, lol. Just wanted to brag a little. Awesome car and amazing how "streatable" it is.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

I didn't drive my 03 around Dallas as much as I drove it to travel for work. I had it in every little town in this state, and many surrounding states. Sometimes way out, with lots of fun blacktop roads to drive. Im not too familiar with the car's temperament in traffic, i usually avoided it, and didnt drive the car everyday. It put down 520/550, and it was so smooth to drive. I could even fool first time riders with a quiet ride, then flat out unhinged power. Wasn't terrible on mpg either. I registered 26 across the desert with a nice tail wind.

I highly recommend one.

Comment

Agreed, they are alot of fun to drive. The seat of the pants fun is tough to beat of one of these cars. I've got a really loud port on mine it's blast to play with around town.

Someone needs to buy it!

Comment

I came in here to bash you for posting a thread from 2003, then I realized I have yet to drive one...

Comment

Yeah, I don't know why it has taken me so long. But I don't know if I messed up driving a 600 hp one for the first one, lol.

And Steve, when I pulled back in the driveway, my wife saw the look on my face and said that I couldn't have both. Meaning if I did get one, I'd have to get rid of my fox. Not sure if I could do it. I do suppose if it was like the one I drove yesterday I could probably do it though.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Those are fun cars, now if they would just come down in price to a reasonable amount!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Those are fun cars, now if they would just come down in price to a reasonable amount!

I've seen them in the mid-teens. Not too bad really considering what they're capable of.

Comment

I got to ride in the back seat of a friend's 600 rwhp '03 Harley Davidson F-150 and it scared the fuck outta me. I could just imagine a car that weighs a ton less.

Comment

never drove a Terminator but have driven a fox with the termi motor

Comment

man i want one, but scared to get one thats been beat to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      man i want one, but scared to get one thats been beat to shit.
                      That should be a real concern for anyone shopping. Mine was driven pretty hard at times, and it put up with the abuse very well. I sold mine at 60k, and I had driven it highly modified for all but the first 4k miles. It was starting to smoke on statrtup, and I knew a major rebuild and head work was in the near future. It was worth it though, I had a blast in a car that was virtually the fastest thing on the streets. If I bought one today, it would have to be a mint low milage, nothing modified.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                        And Steve, when I pulled back in the driveway, my wife saw the look on my face and said that I couldn't have both. Meaning if I did get one, I'd have to get rid of my fox. Not sure if I could do it. I do suppose if it was like the one I drove yesterday I could probably do it though.
                        I had over a dozen foxbodies before this car. Get the Terminator and don't look back. They are alot more fun to drive, much more reliable and very easy to make good power all while maintaining factory reliability.

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        never drove a Terminator but have driven a fox with the termi motor
                        I bet that would be one hell of a white knuckle ride. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          That should be a real concern for anyone shopping. Mine was driven pretty hard at times, and it put up with the abuse very well. I sold mine at 60k, and I had driven it highly modified for all but the first 4k miles. It was starting to smoke on statrtup, and I knew a major rebuild and head work was in the near future. It was worth it though, I had a blast in a car that was virtually the fastest thing on the streets. If I bought one today, it would have to be a mint low milage, nothing modified.
                          for example-

that one? are there any subtle red flags I should learn to look for on a car like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            Well not sure. I've never shopped, I bought the first one I drove, with less than 8k miles, so no questions. I know that smoking on startup is a bad sign, or there is the tick and vibe, but I've never encountered either one.

I may have been rough on mine, but it still had the factory clutch in it when I sold it, and I only had two receipts for work performed, the only two times it was ever in the shop!

I would not buy a modified one without a solid history, and a good once over from the guys at Gearheads.

Comment

I love mine. It is a very fun car and it's pretty easy to make some power with them. It's going to be hard to find one that hasn't been ragged on at one point or another. If in the market to buy one, use common sense and don't rush into someone elses problem.
                              Check for smoke on start up
                              check oil
                              check plugs - very quick and easy
                              listen for the tick
                              check the IRS and make sure it's not leaking
                              check and make sure the intercooler pump comes on - I have seen the motors die due to this and most owners never check
                              on test drive make sure there isn't any unusual noise coming from the transmission.
                              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Working...
                              X