speed limit raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limit raise

Guess everyone will now be going 85-90 if this passes.

Texas Senate Approves Raising Speed Limits To 75MPH
    May 23, 2011 1:31 PM

AUSTIN (AP) – Texas drivers may soon be going faster.

The state Senate has approved raising highway speed limits to 75 miles per hour in some areas and doing away with slower nighttime limits.

Most non-urban state highways in Texas have limits of 70 miles per and can be as low as 55 at night.

Texas in one of the few states with different limits for urban and rural areas and the only state with lower nighttime speeds.

The bill approved Monday allows the state to do safety studies to determine if boosting speeds will be reasonable in some areas.

The bill also allows trucks to travel at the same speed as cars.

The bill now goes to Governor Rick Perry for his consideration.

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
    Guess everyone will now be going 85-90 if this passes.
    I don't see a problem with it. Do away with limits completely for all I care, our freeways systems are straight and smooth enough to support 100+mph at non peak times. Assuming of course they update the safety inspection standards to check the brakes and tires more closely. Also if you are pulled over for something and are exceeding the speed rating on your tires there needs to be a fine for that as well as a good ass kicking. Then designate the far left lane for overtaking vehicles only, if you impede someone else you are subject to a fine and ass kicking.

Comment

Life would be so much easier if everything could be solved via fines and an ass whooping on the spot!

Comment

doesnt matter if you raise it or not, folks always go faster than the speed limit. so why raise it, and have more accidents. faster you go, harder it is to stop or slow down in a emergency situation.
        http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...g/P1010006.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hellas98stang View Post
          doesnt matter if you raise it or not, folks always go faster than the speed limit. so why raise it, and have more accidents. faster you go, harder it is to stop or slow down in a emergency situation.
          So the problem solves itself, works for me. Drive as fast as you want.

Comment

This is news to me, out here all our roads are 75 and the interstate is 80. It has to be or we would never get anywhere.
            2010 Ford SVT Raptor
            2007 Saleen S281-SC
            1998 BMW M Roadster
            1961 Ford F100

Comment

This wont effect the metroplex at all. Our speedlimits are governed by the EPA and california's clean air standards

Comment

why raise it? i mean its cool and all but why? whats it helping?
                .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                  You've driven THROUGH TX before, right? When I moved from TX to PA every state was roughly a 2 hour drive. Getting out of TX from Waco took 6 hours. running 65-70
                  Last edited by racrguy; 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                    Raisin tax money from extra fuel burned.

Comment

Originally posted by hellas98stang View Post
                      so why raise it, and have more accidents. faster you go, harder it is to stop or slow down in a emergency situation.
                      People will think this is great until one of their family members is killed by a piece of crap Honda going 100mph. The driver says, I just couldn't stop in time.

Energy = 1/2 * mass * velocity²
                      class joke
                      {
                      private:
                      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                      double Peas, Carrots;
                      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                      };

Comment

There are no speed limits in Texas.

Comment

Hmm I've been driving as if it was 80 already

Comment

All this means is instead of people cruising at 80, as they do now, they will cruising at 90. And I don't know what's going on with 114/121 these days, but I was cruising at 80 and getting passed. It's cool with me, but people seem to be in a real hurry these days to go nowhere.

Comment

TXDOT just has the ability to raise the limit, it won't increase in the metroplex. Hell its not even 70 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X