Fscking Insurance $#%@$%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fscking Insurance $#%@$%

So one of my cars burned to the ground on March 5th, according to the policy it says it will be settled in 60 days (not business days) at the most. I still don't have a check, they agreed to pay but they keep fucking up my valuation on the car, they are offering money for a base model car and mine has $6000 in factory installed options, nav, wheels, etc. Now every valuation they send me keeps getting lower because a new model year is out and it's depreciating more and more as they sit on their ass, does anyone have any advise or experience on this? I am about to send them a certified demand letter citing deceptive trade and triple damages.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Lawyer up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      So one of my cars burned to the ground on March 5th, according to the policy it says it will be settled in 60 days (not business days) at the most. I still don't have a check, they agreed to pay but they keep fucking up my valuation on the car, they are offering money for a base model car and mine has $6000 in factory installed options, nav, wheels, etc. Now every valuation they send me keeps getting lower because a new model year is out and it's depreciating more and more as they sit on their ass, does anyone have any advise or experience on this? I am about to send them a certified demand letter citing deceptive trade and triple damages.
      Do you have representation? Do you realize that the insurance companies have a herd of lawyers? Not only will you not get paid that way, you'll spend more money in court.

Get an attorney before you start firing off letters. Honest Abe (before he took a head shot) said "A man who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Comment

should have used the JUGZZZZZZZZ
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          should have used the JUGZZZZZZZZ
          I am going to Juggzzzz when this whole MF'ing mess is over.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

you will not be disappointed.. she rocks
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Have you tried having a respectful conversation with your adjuster? I've found they're more than capable of being reasonable when you can keep your cool and not get caught up in emotion. It goes a long way when you can affirm that you're aware that their position is to save their company money, so you just want to come to a mutually agreeable decision within the leeway they're allowed.

Edit: Juggz does rock. I've been waiting for the storms and claims to slow down before I switch to her, but I just need to go ahead and switch before it gets too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                Have you tried having a respectful conversation with your adjuster? I've found they're more than capable of being reasonable when you can keep your cool and not get caught up in emotion. It goes a long way when you can affirm that you're aware that their position is to save their company money, so you just want to come to a mutually agreeable decision within the leeway they're allowed.
                Yes several times, the only issue is that the people I have been working with are total idiots, I think I understand their documents better than they do. They have no clue, it's extremely frustrating.

Comment

In the insurance world, you get what you pay for. How did your car burn to the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    In the insurance world, you get what you pay for. How did your car burn to the ground?
                    I'm thinking gas and a lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Molotov cocktail

Comment

So what company are we talking about here?

Comment

Yes several times, the only issue is that the people I have been working with are total idiots, I think I understand their documents better than they do. They have no clue, it's extremely frustrating.
                          That sucks. The other difference is that you're working with your own insurance and I've always dealt with the other's guy. The one time I dealt with my own, it was a PITA.

Comment

They are responsible for putting you back to pre-loss condition. That means settling on a price that compensates you for exactly what you lost.

You're not asking for more... you're asking to break even. Trump the adjuster and speak to a manager over the total loss unit. They need to make an offer based on your loss on the date of the accident, not the going rate MONTHS later.

Want me to call em?
                            Originally posted by Vertnut
                            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                            X