• Show
Clear All

Biology 1407 for Science Majors - A
    History 1301 U.S. History to 1865 - B
    Mastering Academic Excellence 1300 - A

Not bad I guess. I wanted all A's. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Whitegts View Post
      Back to back President's list here. I've made more A's in the last year than I did in all of high school. It's amazing what happens when you try...
      I graduated HS 2nd in my class from the bottom. What a stupid lazy ass I was!
      class joke
      {
      private:
      char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
      double Peas, Carrots;
      string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
      };

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        what is ancient sport?
        Upper level history course which covered the social development of sport to the fall of Rome.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
          Upper level history course which covered the social development of sport to the fall of Rome.
          Interesting. Did you get into any modern day comparisons?
          "Tonight, we dine in Detroit!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Interesting. Did you get into any modern day comparisons?
            "Tonight, we dine in Detroit!"
            Sure, if by modern you mean discussing how Victorian England and 19th century scholarship retarded our understanding of Greek and Roman athletics until the 70's for their own ends. The whole ideal of amateur athletes wasn't Greek at all, it's really a twisted notion by Victorian scholars for their own uses for instance.

We mainly discussed the possible developmental theories on athletics from primitive society to the near east. Then the development of Greek athletics and where they got their sport from and how it affected their lives. And a similar take on Rome and how it used sport to it's own devices in it's society. The early stuff is a bitch because of lack of evidence, but it's pretty interesting to look at towards 400 BCE onwards. Like any history class you don't learn a whole lot of useful day to day shit other than increasing your researching and critical thinking abilities but it's still a pretty good course, especially considering Dr Kyle is the only real academic standout at UTA's history department relative to his field.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
              :cool:
              class joke
              {
              private:
              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
              double Peas, Carrots;
              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
              };

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                It's by far the hardest class in all of the Business programs, Associates or Bachelors. Next is probably the statistics class.

I can't give you much help or advice on it, I barely passed myself, and I feel like I don't even remember anything from a few weeks ago
                If you think those are hard go give Econometrics a try, I had to go back in the summer because of that damn class to graduate. I made either an A or B in all my business math classes.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                  I graduated HS 2nd in my class from the bottom. What a stupid lazy ass I was!
                  Maybe a little bit laziness, but I think a lot of the problems I had in school was the pace. Classes were mind numbingly boring back then so I found "better" things to occupy my time with.

I dropped out before I turned 17.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    If you think those are hard go give Econometrics a try, I had to go back in the summer because of that damn class to graduate. I made either an A or B in all my business math classes.
                    I got A's in both Macro and Micro - Economics, but I have no idea what Econometrics is . Accounting was next in line for me behind business calc. I got a C in ACCT 2301 and a D in ACCT 2302 which I'll retake when i move to Austin, I'm not taking the same Professor again, she really digs accounting way too much

Comment

got a C in ACCT 2301 and a D in ACCT 2302
                      How the hell did you do that? Those two accounting classes were pretty easy.

I get stuck with the math that is a little more than basic stuff. I forgot alot of rules and concepts.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        How the hell did you do that? Those two accounting classes were pretty easy.

I get stuck with the math that is a little more than basic stuff. I forgot alot of rules and concepts.
                        I took them both online and over short semesters, May and Summer I. The tests were fucking nuts for this Prof. 100 questions, 4 exams plus a final in 3-4 weeks. Fill in the black, complete ledgers, etc., multiple choice, and one short essay per exam

Comment

I got A's in both Macro and Micro - Economics, but I have no idea what Econometrics is . Accounting was next in line for me behind business calc. I got a C in ACCT 2301 and a D in ACCT 2302 which I'll retake when i move to Austin, I'm not taking the same Professor again, she really digs accounting way too much
                          I'm with you on the Accounting, I absolutely hated accounting. I loved Micro and Macro. We had one girl in Econometrics who wasn't an Econ major and the teacher told her straight up, "You need to go change classes if this isn't required for your major". LOL The class is pretty much the application of stats and math for use in Economics, or the worst class
                          I've ever taken......twice

Comment

Working...
                          X