AT&T Blackberry use in the Dominican Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Blackberry use in the Dominican Republic

I was hoping to be able to make/receive calls while in the Dominican. Called AT&T and they said they sell a $5.99 plan which reduces the $2.49/minute down to $1.69. And then they said the data plan would be charged per use, so they have a $24 plan that covers 20MB of data. Any way around this? Are texts counted as data? What about emails? Possible swapping out of the SIM card?

Emails count as data, texts don't.

Comment

I'd just take a laptop and use wireless in the hotel, and make only a few calls at the normal rate, or perhaps buy the $5.99 plan. How many calls do you think you'd make on vacation?

I made 1, called my parents, talked probably 5 minutes and that was all the phone use I had. Screw a phone on vacation!

Comment

So what would a text count as then? heh. I guess I could just do the $5.99 plan and shut off the data, using the Wi Fi at the hotel for emails etc.

Comment

I would buy a calling card in lieu of an ass raping.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
            So what would a text count as then? heh. I guess I could just do the $5.99 plan and shut off the data, using the Wi Fi at the hotel for emails etc.
            I'd honestly just go buy a cheap prepaid phone, or just a prepaid cell sim card if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              I'd honestly just go buy a cheap prepaid phone, or just a prepaid cell sim card if possible.
              This would be the best route to take or post the model of the phone and we'll see if it can be unlocked(via code) to use a different sim.

Comment

Working...
              X