No a good day at work today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
    That's awful, and scares me. My little sister is 5 months pregnant with her first kid. Up until now I hadn't even considered the possibility of something going wrong, and I'm not sure what I'd do if something happened to her
    pics of said sister

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      ...Telling a parent their kid is dead is the hardest thing I have ever done.
      I've had to do it twice, and I hope it NEVER happens again... Twice in a day is brutal.

Comment

Very sad man!!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I'd be happy that I think I could do the right thing in the moment of an emergency situation.

Dealing with grief of others and the shock of it all every day is just impossible for me to fathom.

God bless that we have people like you!
          Thanks for being there to lend a hand.

Comment

Make sure your loved ones know you love them each day. You may never get another chance to tell them. There are three families struggling to find a reason to go on living right now...
            I do this on a daily basis.

Just can't imagine how you deal with these things that come with your job Dave.
            Money's good, but....

David

Comment

You have to have a short memory in this business. But I remember every child that has died on my watch. Telling a parent their kid is dead is the hardest thing I have ever done.
              Do you do a good job of detaching and holding your emotions when telling a parent? I can't imagine the hell that is the walk to the parents.

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              I do this on a daily basis.

Just can't imagine how you deal with these things that come with your job Dave.
              Money's good, but....

David
              It's true, David calls me every night and tells me he love's me. If I don't answer he'll keep calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Do you do a good job of detaching and holding your emotions when telling a parent? I can't imagine the hell that is the walk to the parents.

It's true, David calls me every night and tells me he love's me. If I don't answer he'll keep calling.
                This is true.... son.

How many of you people are there? Seems like a shitload. I notice that all you people talk on a first name basis and seem to know each other. How the hell did you all meet? Is this like the entire graduating class of some high school in fort worth or something? There are too many of you, that seem to know all the rest of you,

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  This is true.... son.

How many of you people are there? Seems like a shitload. I notice that all you people talk on a first name basis and seem to know each other. How the hell did you all meet? Is this like the entire graduating class of some high school in fort worth or something? There are too many of you, that seem to know all the rest of you,

David
                  Dad? The ages work out.....

Comment

You have to have a short memory in this business.
                    ^Truth.

Originally posted by davbrucas
                    But I remember every child that has died on my watch.
                    I always did my best to forget. Still landed myself in a PTSD class after one particular SIDS call.
                    Last edited by LS1Goat; 05-23-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

That's why I don't have a problem with doctors making the money they do. Additionally I personally appreciate it that you have compassion like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        It is impossible for me to tell a parent that their child is dead...watching all of their hopes and dreams for their child being ripped out of their soul...and keep my composure.

Comment

I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread, it tears me up.

Comment

It is impossible for me to tell a parent that their child is dead...watching all of their hopes and dreams for their child being ripped out of their soul...and keep my composure.
                            I can imagine man. I pray I never have to tell someone that either.

Comment

Working...
                            X