• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Dave. Hope today is better.
    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      I have 9 kids and 14 grandkids. It has always been my fear that I'd out live one of them. Its hard to get to all of them all the time, but each know I love them.

May tomorrow be a better day my friend.
      I feel sorry for your wife's uterus.

Comment

Dr. House knows whats up never let emotion get in the way of your job. Do your best but remember you cant save everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          I have 9 kids and 14 grandkids. It has always been my fear that I'd out live one of them. Its hard to get to all of them all the time, but each know I love them.

May tomorrow be a better day my friend.
          You Sir have a busy family!

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            About 10mins after I walked into work this AM a Code Blue in L&D was called over the hospital intercom. I get up there and a 24yr old that had just delivered her first child a couple hours earlier was blue and unresponsive. Her husband was sitting there with their child when this happened. We coded her for 45mins but we could not get her back. It was terrible to have to tell her husband that he was a single parent to a newborn.

I write the resusc note and head back to the ER...as soon as I step off the elevator, a woman runs in the back door holding a blue, unresponsive baby...I was like, "WTF, not again!" The baby was 2mos old and was found in his crib by mom in this condition. We were unable to resuscitate the child. I had to tell another person that their family member died...all before 8am. The woman sat there and held her baby for an hour until her husband arrived.

And finally, right before the end of my shift, a 6yr old was flown in after falling out of a tree. He hit his head and never regained consciousness. The pressure in his skull built due to swelling and his brainstem herniated before the neurosurgeon could get him to the OR. We ran the code for almost an hour and the surgeon cut a hole in the kids head in the ER but he still died.

So, not a good day...working on my 3rd beer since getting home a couple hours ago. Life sucks sometimes. I came home and hugged my boys.
            You Sir, are a better Man than me,I don't think I am strong enough to handle that. Hoping your next day is a better one!

Comment

I have nothing to add to this thread that hasn't been said. They aren't paying you enough.

Comment

I know I couldn't handle a day like that.

Comment

My ex works in the NICU at cooks. Has some sad stories sometimes. She is only around little babies, so the stories are always so sad.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have stories from the ME field agent days, so I understand. Thankfully nothing of this magnitude.

And Dave doesn't need words guys. That dude just has it like that...
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

damn man. thats about the worst day ever.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That's awful, and scares me. My little sister is 5 months pregnant with her first kid. Up until now I hadn't even considered the possibility of something going wrong, and I'm not sure what I'd do if something happened to her
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Sorry

I will do my job tomorrow and not gripe once...sounds like a glamorous life being an ER Dr until you read about what you see! Hats off for being there for these families.

Comment

Damn Doc, But have one more for the one's you guys have saved. Sorry for your bad day.
                            I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

You have to have a short memory in this business. But I remember every child that has died on my watch. Telling a parent their kid is dead is the hardest thing I have ever done.

Comment

Want to get a beer, man?
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X