Frozen Food Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Food Question

We moved into the house 3 years ago and one of those door to door meat salesman sold us some steak and chicken. We had so much of it took up like a 1/4 of the freezer. We gave some away to make room and the rest has been on the doors in sealed packages. My question is, how long does this stuff stay good for? In the back of my mind, i'm thinking no way this is still good.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I recently used some ground beef that had been in my freezer for almost a year and a half. It was fine.
    BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
    I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
    PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

I wouldn't trust it if it's been longer than a year at the absolute most, but I'm paranoid when it comes to food safety too. When handling chicken, I probably wash my hands no less than five times.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

3 years!? uh no it's gotta be bad. Cook some of it and then tell us how it taste

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          3 years!? uh no it's gotta be bad. Cook some of it and then tell us how it taste
          why do you think I am here, asking like a dumbass to make sure.

Comment

I wouldn't trust it. Even with it being vac sealed. Part of the problem with it being frozen that long, is that it's going to get freezer burn
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
              why do you think I am here, asking like a dumbass to make sure.
              even a dumbass would know

Comment

if its frozen in vac packs i dont see how it could go bad. cokk it up and go give it to the homeless

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  I wouldn't trust it if it's been longer than a year at the absolute most, but I'm paranoid when it comes to food safety too. When handling chicken, I probably wash my hands no less than five times.
                  ocd much?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                    ocd much?
                    Possibly, but mainly I'm not a fan of a week long bout with bloody diarrhea.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

After 3 yrs, I don't know if it would be hazardous to your health or not, but it definitely won't taste very good.

Comment

Why would you buy food from a guy with a freezer in the back of a pick up truck in the first place? Let me guess he had some left over and his manager is going to be pissed if he comes back with it.

Comment

I wouldn't trust it. There aren't many outright pathogens that can survive to freezing temperatures, but there are plenty of spoilage organisms, and you may get sick eating what looks safe even if it's cooked thoroughly. Remember that cooking kills the bacteria present, but it doesn't remove any toxins already present.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

A good rule of thumb on beef - if you wouldn't eat it raw, don't eat it cooked. Excluding ground beef of course....
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                            X