X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbing down gov't jargon

discuss
    G'Day Mate

Something else for the rest of the world to laugh at us about, thanks Barry.

Comment

Language changes over time, I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
        Language changes over time, I don't have a problem with it.
        They aren't changing the language, just simplifying it because the whole world doesn't speak fucking lawyer.

This should have never gotten to this point, it's a way for the educated to control the uneducated.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

So does this mean they'll finally be able to find out what's in that healthcare bill they passed?
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
            So does this mean they'll finally be able to find out what's in that healthcare bill they passed?
            No, they're still able to spew jibberish to themselves. Appears to be just forms and releases to the public.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

No, it's pandering to the administration's voting base. They think the general public is too stupid to understand the language so it's being dumbed down.

As for the healthcare bill, the verbiage is relatively easy to understand but it's hard to digest nearly 2000 pages of it at once. There are new regulations on one page with 5 other pages of loopholes and exclusions to those regulations. Taking out the big, hard to understand words isn't going to change the way congress writes their laws.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                No, it's pandering to the administration's voting base. They think the general public is too stupid to understand the language so it's being dumbed down.

As for the healthcare bill, the verbiage is relatively easy to understand but it's hard to digest nearly 2000 pages of it at once. There are new regulations on one page with 5 other pages of loopholes and exclusions to those regulations. Taking out the big, hard to understand words isn't going to change the way congress writes their laws.
                True
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                X