Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice for road trip coming home from Maryland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for road trip coming home from Maryland?

We are driving to Maryland in August for a Wedding. We plan to stay on a straight path to get to Md but on the way home we are going to take 3-5 days and make a road trip.

Any suggestions on things to plan for coming home. We can go pretty much any route coming home so anything to the East is viable.

If we go to the beach it will probably either be Ocean City, MD or Virginia Beach.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

There is this beautiful pier in South Carolina. You want to go during the sunset, and just start strolling down it. It's kind of short, but just keep walking.

Comment

Go see DC.

Bowling Green, KY. Nashville, Memphis, Civil War stuff throughout, Ft. Knox.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Save up a lot of money for gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
          Save up a lot of money for gas.
          Already have started the financial planning of it. This will be our first major trip since our honeymoon due to me being in college and broke since we got married.

Thinking about the Smoky Mountains.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            There is this beautiful pier in South Carolina. You want to go during the sunset, and just start strolling down it. It's kind of short, but just keep walking.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

All I have to say is "Tail of the Dragon"
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

You've gotta hit up G&M Restaurant...best fucking crab cakes I've ever had.
                Other cool shit to do...street vendor dogs in DC are pretty tasty 90% of the time, the Korean war memorial is cool as shit at night, I've always wanted to catch a game at Camden Yards (if you're a baseball guy).
                If you follow the coast home, stop off in outer banks NC...best beaches on the east coast minus south Florida. Eat at Dirty Dicks crab shack just because. Va cops are pricks, and DC rush hour BLOWS! That's about all I remember

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  We are driving to Maryland in August for a Wedding. We plan to stay on a straight path to get to Md but on the way home we are going to take 3-5 days and make a road trip.

Any suggestions on things to plan for coming home. We can go pretty much any route coming home so anything to the East is viable.

If we go to the beach it will probably either be Ocean City, MD or Virginia Beach.
                  Ocean City and Va Beach ain't got shit on OBX

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    All I have to say is "Tail of the Dragon"
                    I mentioned that... we will actually be near it, but we will be in my truck so probably would not be worth it.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                      You've gotta hit up G&M Restaurant...best fucking crab cakes I've ever had.
                      Other cool shit to do...street vendor dogs in DC are pretty tasty 90% of the time, the Korean war memorial is cool as shit at night, I've always wanted to catch a game at Camden Yards (if you're a baseball guy).
                      If you follow the coast home, stop off in outer banks NC...best beaches on the east coast minus south Florida. Eat at Dirty Dicks crab shack just because. Va cops are pricks, and DC rush hour BLOWS! That's about all I remember
                      Where is G&M? We are having crabs for the rehearsal dinner and I have a feeling my grandmother will cook her crabcakes one of the other days.

We just booked 4 nights in a secluded cabin near Gatlingburg/Pigeon Forge and will plan stuff around there.

She has already called one afternoon at the outlet malls and I have called one afternoon for an ATV excursion.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Its been awhile but I think it was a little north of Baltimore airport

Comment

LOL @ Outer Banks.

Stay away from I95. And watch out for cops. They are bad in Maryland and VA. Do 5 over and thats about the only buffer.

As far as scenery Maryland, Virginia, its all nice especially right now, everything is all green. I just came back from Williamsburg, VA a couple of weeks ago for a bike marathon, but I drive a different way since I go North through VA/MD/WV/PA. All Civil War country. Its beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            I mentioned that... we will actually be near it, but we will be in my truck so probably would not be worth it.
                            It is worth it. It's not fast and if taken slowly it can be a very pretty drive. Just be kind and let motorcycles/performance cars pass.
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Research all the chl laws along your route.
                              2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                              2007 Saleen S281-SC
                              1998 BMW M Roadster
                              1961 Ford F100

Comment

Working...
                              X