Gas Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    True. I've got a buddy that had one similar, but paid a good amount more than that. Build quality just sucks.
    I wouldn't have paid full price for it, but I rarely pay full price for anything other than jeans and food.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Lol. Char-Broil doesn't make things like they used to. As someone else mentioned, they are no longer manufactured in America. It's cheaply made, imported crap. That's fact, not opinion. I'd be glad to meet you at a HD and point out just how cheap, and ineffective their current products are, just to see the look on your face. I'm not speaking from opinion here. This is all education, and experience based fact. It's not like I do this for a living or anything.... There's a reason tons of people on here ask me about nearly anything when it comes to food or cooking. And it's certainly not because I'm talking out of my ass, or don't know what I'm talking about. I might be a little arrogant about it, but I've earned the right to be and have skin on the wall to prove it. But by all means, go ahead. Don't let me stop you from spreading misinformation.
      Glad to hear you got your BS degree in Grill Technology. But we do actually agree, most grills now are made of sheetmetal and thus bound to live a short life. I was aware that many current sheetmetal grills have galvanized innards, but since a galvanized coating peels off at 392* F, it's basically useless in a grill.

This confirms my statement that common "stainless" grills at HD, will last no longer than thier painted $100-$150 grills.....

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
        Glad to hear you got your BS degree in Grill Technology. But we do actually agree, most grills now are made of sheetmetal and thus bound to live a short life. I was aware that many current sheetmetal grills have galvanized innards, but since a galvanized coating peels off at 392* F, it's basically useless in a grill.

This confirms my statement that common "stainless" grills at HD, will last no longer than thier painted $100-$150 grills.....
        :facepalm: Man, you must be a genius. Way smarter than all the manufacturers, engineers, and restaurant chains that use galv liners on charbroilers 12-16 hours a day @550+ degrees for decades at a time. Maybe one day we can all aspire to be as smart as you. Then we can all make the big bucks.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post

nice google, or wikipedia...

Originally posted by Wikipedia entry for Hot-dip galvanizing
          The process of hot-dip galvanizing results in a metallurgical bond between zinc and steel with a series of distinct iron-zinc alloys. The resulting coated steel can be used in much the same way as uncoated. Galvanized steel can be welded; however, one must exercise caution around the resulting zinc fumes. Galvanized steel is suitable for high-temperature applications of up to 392°F (200°C).

Comment

thanks guys i picked one up at academy. they seem to be better built than homedepot and lowes....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
              thanks guys i picked one up at academy. they seem to be better built than homedepot and lowes....
              Wouldn't you get discounts from Home Depot too, or no?
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
                Will it hold your future father in laws weight for the trip across the border?

Comment

Working...
                X