Rent or lease workshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent or lease workshop?

I used to own a trophy/awards store for about 7 years. Never got it built up to where I could live on the golf course and collect a check. With wife and 2 kids, working 70-80 hours a week became difficult, so I sold the store.

However, I did keep a couple of my large customers. In fact one of my customers orders about 5,000-6,000 trophies a year from me. So I converted my garage into a workshop. insulated it, air conditioned, etc. it works out good, except its a tad bit small. I have a 2 car garage and something about size of a 3-4 car garage would be ideal.

Im wondering if anyone knows of a shop type place I could rent to do my work? I dont really want a high priced store front in a strip center. I dont really care where the location is at all because I dont want new customers. I just want a place air conditioned to do my work with more space. Oh and of course, as cheap as possible.

Are there places like this? out there? iv never really looked into it before until now and coming up short of my internet searches.

Where at? We need a location to be helpful.

Oh and:

G'Day Mate

Comment

Why don't you just expand your own garage. For what you would spend in rent... you could add on to your own house and increase it's value.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

well i live in mansfield, so preferably something really close to me. But i meant this question to be pretty vaig because we might be moving to Austin soon. If we do, will be on short notice and probably have to rent a house at first until we find the right house to buy.

So i meant, are there places like this around? i thought of storage units, but they probably arent big enough or air conditioned... thought of commercial strip center places, but typically expensive and more geared towards people who want walk in and new business....

Comment

ideally the next house we buy will be on an acre or more of land and build a dedicated workshop or have one already on it. But like i said, we may be moving soon to Austin. And even if we dont and end up staying here. The house we have now really doesnt have room to expand the garage...

Comment

There are some industrial type strip complexes around. Might want to talk to a realtor and see what your options would be.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

What are the specifics on your needs ? Voltage (power/how much), benches, water/drains etc..? What kind of equipment will you be using, 110, 220..?

David

Comment

really all i need is electricity, however I would highly prefer air conditioning.

Really my only equipment will be a radial arm saw, computer and laser engraver. all run off 110

i already have my bench and other things I will need.

Comment

So you sold your store and took the largest customer with you? lulz
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

There are some shops in Kennedale south of the track on the same road, generally there are a couple for rent.

Also, if you head south of 287 on 157 there is a warehouses for rent sign, looks like a smallish shop space.

Just a couple things to look at.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

hmm, ill have to keep an eye out. i live right off 157 in mansfield.. well sorta... but thats very close.

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
                        hmm, ill have to keep an eye out. i live right off 157 in mansfield.. well sorta... but thats very close.
                        Shoot me a pm if you don't find something in your area.

I "might" have something to look at but it's in Watauga off of 377.

What are you expecting to pay, for something around 20x30 or 20x40?

David

Comment

I only pay 425.00 a month for 25x50 1250sqft with 12ft roll up door and 1 walk thru door with a Bathroom. My electric runs has never been over 50 a month since moving in back in March. There are 3-4 units still available at this price and 2500sqft for around 950 with a office in it.
                          They are in Haslet off Bus Hwy 287 and Blue Mound rd West

Comment

that sounds like what I had in mind. I dont really need quite that much, i could really get by with about 600 sq feet. As far as price goes, cheaper the better as I will actually only use it about 6 months of the year. Other 6 months i wont even step foot in the place. Which is another reason Id like to get my garage back for storage/cars....

Comment

Working...
                            X