Anyone have a Trailblazer SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Trailblazer SS?

I'm thinking about picking up one for a DD and trailer puller (18 foot open car trailer). What kind of mileage are you getting on the highway? Any opinion/complaints?

Thanks,
    Blake

I picked up a white one a few months back. I didn't get a title with it, and it looks like some old lady used to drive it.

Runs good though.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

We don't have a Trailblazer SS, but we have a Saab 9x7 with the 5.3 and AWD, basically the same truck with a smaller motor...

It'll avg around 14mpg to a tank, mostly city driving around Denton, with a couple trips a week into Southlake.
      --Marcus

Comment

The Head has one.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I was looking into buying one before and the consensus from owners seems to be 10-11 mpg city and as high as 16-17 mpg on the highway. If you're towing I would expect somewhere between horrible and really shitty.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

The GVWR is 10,553 and the truck weighs 4552. Your 18 foot hauler with a regular sized car is probably pushing 5200 pounds, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for extra passengers, tools, wheels or fuel.

If you are only using it to tow every once in a while it'll be fine but if you plan on dragging a car across the country, through mountain roads or other hilly terrain there are much better choices. Sure it has the power to pull anything and with trailer brakes stopping probably won't be a problem, it's when you try slowing down for a curve at the bottom of the hill when driving a small short wheel base SUV with a car hauler becomes a problem.

Comment

Houston to Dallas, College Station, and possible New Orleans is about as far as its going to go.

Its not a regular sized car. The car only weights 2100 lbs, not sure about the trailer. I used to pull it with a 4.7L Dodge Ram 1500 turd.

Comment

Originally posted by b1ake View Post
                Houston to Dallas, College Station, and possible New Orleans is about as far as its going to go.

Its not a regular sized car. The car only weights 2100 lbs, not sure about the trailer. I used to pull it with a 4.7L Dodge Ram 1500 turd.
                It'll be fine then, all of those routes are pretty much flat and smooth. Hit the back roads in Arksansas and you'll be hating life though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  I picked up a white one a few months back. I didn't get a title with it, and it looks like some old lady used to drive it.

Runs good though.
                  LMAO !! Can't believe no one else caught that. Poor old lady is missing her TB SS.

Btw, thanks again man, for being so patient and meeting up with me to let me get that rear axle....I almost said rear end, but figured someone might take it out of context. LOL !!

-Aaron

Comment

I had one about 1.5 years ago and my brother currently has one. They both averaged 13mpg in city and 16-17 hwy.

I did pull my 18ft car hauler with a 2000 ss camaro on it. It pulled like garbage, the short wheel base of the trailblazer makes for a lot of swaying. The tranny seemed to be wrapped out because the load and the trannies on these trucks are the weak point on them from what I heard. So i never pulled anything again and sold it about 2 months later.

On the other hand it was fun to drive and we had a blast with it. Just wouldnt plan on using it for towing.
                    Current rides:
                    1973 Camaro 350/350
                    1991 GMC Sierra Stepside
                    2012 Gt500
                    2006 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 cummins

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                      LMAO !! Can't believe no one else caught that. Poor old lady is missing her TB SS.

Btw, thanks again man, for being so patient and meeting up with me to let me get that rear axle....I almost said rear end, but figured someone might take it out of context. LOL !!

-Aaron
                      I was gonna say something before I saw your comment :P

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post

-Aaron
                        Aint no thang man. Anytime I can help a fellow gear head I'm down.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

Runs good though.
                          Yeah not funny. My mother is missing her white one that was stolen in April. Ah well, it got horrible gas milage. She drove all highway in it and still never got better than 13mpg.

Comment

I test drove a brand new one. Kind of felt like a pig. Pretty good looking, just not as quick as one would think,
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

love ours, it gets on average about 13.7mpg. Noone thatI know is getting much better. ours pulls ok but i would get a bigger external trans cooler if you plan on pulling like you stated. the trans is the weak point and ours buckled the forward sprag at about 48k. I rebuilt it with a bigger up dated sprag and a 3/4 zpak cluth kit and haven't had a problem since.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X