No announcement yet.

Aint that a bitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont just look for the mustang motors. You can get you a low mileage F150 motor to put in there. Maybe out of a 06 or 07 model with maybe 30-50K miles on it for about 1K, give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
      dont just look for the mustang motors. You can get you a low mileage F150 motor to put in there. Maybe out of a 06 or 07 model with maybe 30-50K miles on it for about 1K, give or take.
      As long as it's an 01+ 2 valve Romeo you can make it fit, just need to swap the timing cover.

Comment

Not a blown motor!

Apparently I am the only one to not know these motors like to back the plugs out and blow them out of the head with the coil pack. Got it home saw that is what happened. Reinstalled the plug and coil and started up like a champ!

Comment

Cool deal. Saved some coin.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
            Not a blown motor!

Apparently I am the only one to not know these motors like to back the plugs out and blow them out of the head with the coil pack. Got it home saw that is what happened. Reinstalled the plug and coil and started up like a champ!
            Well, I hope you used some threadlock on those plugs this time. LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Well, I hope you used some threadlock on those plugs this time. LMAO!
              Sitting in the driveway. Getting a new coil pack for the one that broke. Since it started and ran fine; but the plastic part that you screw into the valve covers is broken. Will do all new plugs at that time and thread lock all them mf'ers! Still getting rid of the car after a good detailing and a couple cosmetic fixes.

Comment

Sitting in the driveway. Getting a new coil pack for the one that broke. Since it started and ran fine; but the plastic part that you screw into the valve covers is broken. Will do all new plugs at that time and thread lock all them mf'ers! Still getting rid of the car after a good detailing and a couple cosmetic fixes.
                If I didn't know that you ran it without pills in the line, I would take it off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  If I didn't know that you ran it without pills in the line, I would take it off your hands.
                  Everyone's a comedian lol No nitrous on this car. I don't even like the DOHC's!

Comment

Originally posted by 2k2 ls1 View Post
                    everyone's a comedian lol no nitrous on this car. I don't even like the dohc's!
                    sohc*

Comment

How about try doing it the right way instead of being silly. 4.6/5.4 mod motors like to spit out plugs. The 5.4 lightning did it so often they revised the heads to increase the thread count on the last two production years to address this issue.

Don't put thread lock on spark plugs that go in an aluminum head. Use anti-seize on the spark plug and go purchase a Ford 4.6/5.4 time-sert kit and fix what's actually broken. If it happened to you, then your threading is probably stripped or damaged to some degree. It's not that hard to do, inexpensive, and in some cases is a permanent fix. Or try switching to a fully threaded plug.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                        sohc*
                        Right. They are right next to each other on the keyboard

DOHC on the Mach's and Cobra's only lol

Comment

BTW I hate the mod motors all together lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                            How about try doing it the right way instead of being silly. 4.6/5.4 mod motors like to spit out plugs. The 5.4 lightning did it so often they revised the heads to increase the thread count on the last two production years to address this issue.

Don't put thread lock on spark plugs that go in an aluminum head. Use anti-seize on the spark plug and go purchase a Ford 4.6/5.4 time-sert kit and fix what's actually broken. If it happened to you, then your threading is probably stripped or damaged to some degree. It's not that hard to do, inexpensive, and in some cases is a permanent fix. Or try switching to a fully threaded plug.
                            Where do you purchase this time sert kit?

Comment

Where do you purchase this time sert kit?
                              I think you can at least order a time-sert or helicoil kit from O'Reillys or Autozone. I think I got a generic named time-sert style kit for a friends 5.4 that I fixed at Autozone.

Comment

Working...
                              X