ticket for no registration on a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticket for no registration on a trailer

I just picked up a trailer and was bringing it home. Sure enough,I got pulled over before I even got out of the town I bought it in. I was not transporting anything on it, and the good news is that it is not stolen. How much do you think the ticket will be? What are the chances of getting it dismissed(less court cost) if I register it and take the receipt to court with me. Also, he wrote it up as motor vehicle. Does that make a difference in maybe trying to get it dismissed?
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

chances are very good it will be dismissed

Comment

Lock that shit up sneaky, lest you become a member of the missing trailer club.

Comment

Can I borrow your trailer?

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
          Lock that shit up sneaky, lest you become a member of the missing trailer club.
          Never really worried about that here in my neighbor hood. But it is in a fenced in back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
            Can I borrow your trailer?

j/k
            It is gonna be a four wheeler trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
              I just picked up a trailer and was bringing it home. Sure enough,I got pulled over before I even got out of the town I bought it in. I was not transporting anything on it, and the good news is that it is not stolen. How much do you think the ticket will be? What are the chances of getting it dismissed(less court cost) if I register it and take the receipt to court with me. Also, he wrote it up as motor vehicle. Does that make a difference in maybe trying to get it dismissed?
              If you have a bill of sale from that very day, if you get it registered and bring all the paperwork with you when you set it for court, I would bet that it would be dismissed, maybe even without court costs.

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              chances are very good it will be dismissed

What makes you say that?

Comment

Never really worried about that here in my neighbor hood. But it is in a fenced in back yard.
                My uncle had his stolen from his locked, fenced back yard in the middle of the day.

Comment

One benifit of small town living, tons of people hauling stuff around here in trailers everyday with
                  no plates.

They only worry about REAL crime, like rabid raccoons in peoples yards and such ..

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    My uncle had his stolen from his locked, fenced back yard in the middle of the day.
                    I can remove the tongue , you think that would help?

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
                      One benifit of small town living, tons of people hauling stuff around here in trailers everyday with
                      no plates.

They only worry about REAL crime, like rabid raccoons in peoples yards and such ..
                      Yep, I have three cops in my neighborhood. One will stop and give all the dogs treats if he sees them in the back Yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        If you have a bill of sale from that very day, if you get it registered and bring all the paperwork with you when you set it for court, I would bet that it would be dismissed, maybe even without court costs.

What makes you say that?
                        didnt you just answer that?

Comment

I can remove the tongue , you think that would help?
                          I can definitely tell you that a tongue lock is ineffective. Maybe remove the wheels and store them somewhere else would work.

Comment

My FIL bought a bunch of boots for his trailers. They have the large cup that covers the lugs and then clamps behind the wheel. Uses an internal lock, adn can also use a pad lock. Hasn't lost a trailer since he got them.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                              I can definitely tell you that a tongue lock is ineffective. Maybe remove the wheels and store them somewhere else would work.
                              I bet if he completely disassembled the trailer and then re-assembled it when he wanted to use it he could keep from getting it stolen.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
                              X