Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Have A Hook-up For Wood Flooring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Have A Hook-up For Wood Flooring?

i don't need it installed; i just need between 1000 and 1800 sf of wood flooring. (floating laminate, not glue-down engineered, etc.) 8-9 mm is fine...nothing thinner than 8. i've looked at home depot, lowe's, floor & decor, seconds & surplus, etc and the prices seem to be fairly close with everyone (on comparable products). oddly enough, the best pricing i've found has been from sam's. it seemed like good quality stuff, and it was around $1.60/ft. also, it needs to be darker, in color. for some reason, then darker colors are more expensive...i can't figure out why.

Sams will be your best bet. Cannot believe floor and decor wasn't cheaper. I went there on a recent trip to the area and couldn't believe some of the tile prices.

Comment

May check out lumber liquidators if there is one close to you... They were always cheaper when I was looking last time... Also Lowes and Home Depot will usually price match competitors pricing...

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
        Sams will be your best bet. Cannot believe floor and decor wasn't cheaper. I went there on a recent trip to the area and couldn't believe some of the tile prices.
        floor and decor had some decent prices, but the flooring that was cheaper was junk. their good quality stuff was about the same price as everybody else. as far as tile, i think that hd beats them on price. just as an example, they had a 12x12 slate, that is about the same as what home depot sells for $1.25/ft, and it was 1.99/ft at floor and decor. i don't go in there often, but i always go in expecting to see a bunch of good deals and walk out underwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
          May check out lumber liquidators if there is one close to you... They were always cheaper when I was looking last time... Also Lowes and Home Depot will usually price match competitors pricing...
          i've heard good things about them, but i've never been there. i actually called them to see if they would make me a good deal on a bunch of lumber, a couple of years back...then i found out that they primarily deal in flooring. i just figured that they would sell more than flooring with "lumber" in their name.

Comment

Working...
          X