What does it take to get a CDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    OK. He needs a class A. Is there a practice test online?
    CRST has a practice test on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
      I don't think so, i only have to take the haz mat when i renew my lic. Now the friggen $100 for fbi fingerprints is bullshit. Hasn't been mentioned yet but DOT physical is required for CDL-A.

I think he meant all the reasons they can take it away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
        I don't think so, i only have to take the haz mat when i renew my lic. Now the friggen $100 for fbi fingerprints is bullshit. Hasn't been mentioned yet but DOT physical is required for CDL-A.
        U need a physical for both A and B. I had to get one when I got my B

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
        That's not exactly a straight forward question. Will he need a Class B or Class A? Any endorsements?

If it's a B, it's four written tests and a simple driving test. If it's an A, there are some additional tests and the driving test is pretty much the same. Adding any endorsements just means more testing. My best suggestion, study up. There are plenty of resources online. CRST has a good "mock test" that will prepare him.

Get to the DMV early for the driving test....they only do so many per day. And practice the air brake test a lot.
        As far as the tests it is air brakes, general knowledge, pre-trip, and combinations for class A. I think there is another one but can't remember
        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Whats sad is how easy it is to obtain a class A here in Texas. Its scary to know some of these guys will be on the road and still really not knowing what the hell they're doing.
          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
            Whats sad is how easy it is to obtain a class A here in Texas. Its scary to know some of these guys will be on the road and still really not knowing what the hell they're doing.
            it wont take them long to find out. most new drivers dont go 6 weeks without screwing something up. a new driver has alot to learn and most of it will be learned by messing up

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
              This is truth. I could write a novel on the subject.

Comment

250 +
                Talks with an accent
                Watches Nascar
                Likes to sit for extended hours
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Even I have a class A CDL! Not very hard at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X