Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick satellite question

Can I split the signal?

I want to use the box in my bedroom for a tv in the garage.

Can I run a splitter on the coax line like cable?

I know I will have to watch whatever is in the bedroom, but that isn't an issue.

yes

Comment

I guess I didn't have the splitter I need it.

What is the type of splitter to use?

Comment

you can't split the coax from the satellite dish to the receiver, however you can split the coax that goes from the receiver to the tv. unless you have two lines in the wall you will need two diplexers.

Comment

I was going to split after the receiver, and run the coax back up the wall into the garage. Do I need a splitter with power? I guess a cable splitter doesn't work.

Comment

yes you can

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              I was going to split after the receiver, and run the coax back up the wall into the garage. Do I need a splitter with power? I guess a cable splitter doesn't work.

a cable splitter will work fine, you will just have to watch the same thing on both TVs at the same time.

Comment

I did that with DirecTv at my old house, had to change channels in the other room, but both TV's can watch the same show.

I used a splitter like this

Comment

a regular splitter should work fine. just make sure the line from the dish to the sat in on the receiver doesn't get split. the coax that comes out of the out to tv port on the reciever should go to a splitter and then from the splitter it should go to the two tv's.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, you may be able to use the coax out to run the cable to the 2nd TV, and use hdmi or component cables to the tv where the reciever is located.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      Actually, now that I think about it, you may be able to use the coax out to run the cable to the 2nd TV, and use hdmi or component cables to the tv where the reciever is located.
                      yeah that would work and eliminate the splitter.

Comment

I was trying to use a splitter that I don't think will work.

It has an in, and then the two connectors are named differently. One is named VHF/UHF and the other says SAT.

Neither tv is High def. working with some old tv's here. I don't even think the one in the bed room has a component in.

Comment

We want to do this for my daughter's room. Her room is on the other side of the wall we have our TV on, but she doesn't have any cable/sat. outlets in her room.

Anyone want to come climb in our attic and get that all set up for us?
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

yes. do this if possible.

I was trying to use a splitter that I don't think will work.

It has an in, and then the two connectors are named differently. One is named VHF/UHF and the other says SAT.

Neither tv is High def. working with some old tv's here. I don't even think the one in the bed room has a component in.
                            that's a diplexer, not a splitter. that wont work for that.

hell if the tv doesnt have composite/svideo/component/hdmi then go buy a regular coaxial splitter... or better yet, a new tv!
                            Last edited by momo; 11-21-2010, 05:29 PM.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                              yes. do this if possible.

that's a diplexer, not a splitter. that wont work for that.

hell if the tv doesnt have composite/svideo/component/hdmi then go buy a regular coaxial splitter... or better yet, a new tv!
                              ha I would buy a new tv in a heart beat if I had the money. I had a filling this wasn't the type of splitter I need. I will get a normal splitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X