Help anybody got the hook up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help anybody got the hook up....

On a yellow top optima battery? My battery just went out on my truck and needs a new one....

TIA
    I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

I can get one but it will be Tuesday before I can. Just curious, why not red top?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      I can get one but it will be Tuesday before I can. Just curious, why not red top?

is red top better?
      I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

I think Red top is for big amplifiers?
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Red top is for main starting battery. It has a 3 year non-prorated warranty. Yellow top is for deep cycle. It has a one year non-prorated warranty. If you are replacing the main battery with an optima, I would choose the red top SC34U in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            Red top is for main starting battery. It has a 3 year non-prorated warranty. Yellow top is for deep cycle. It has a one year non-prorated warranty. If you are replacing the main battery with an optima, I would choose the red top SC34U in most cases.
            What would recommend from yellow and red for a sound system?
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              What would recommend from yellow and red for a sound system?

x2 what goes better with big sound systems?

Comment

Yellow top...

Deep Cycle batteries are different than starting batteries because they have been specially designed for multiple complete discharges without losing reserve capacity, but Cranking batteries will lose reserve capacity quickly with repeated hard discharges. This is why Deep Cycle batteries are ideal for the high demand of aftermarket car audio amplifiers.

But you should make sure that your alternator can handle the demand placed on it from your stereo system...the battery picks up the slack when the demand is higher than the alternator can supply.

Comment

didnt optima batteries goto shit?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    didnt optima batteries goto shit?
                    last i heard they had gone to shit

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Mis-use and abuse are the only optima problems I'm aware of.

Comment

Working...
                      X