Tomato Pizza from Denton is BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Pizza from Denton is BACK!

Anyone who went to UNT and/or lived in Denton 4 or more years ago knows the Tomato Pizza. My wife and I were having ice cream and saw the original owner who informed us that they re-opened yesterday in Sanger right across from Babe's. We literally hopped in the car and drove up there. We used to eat there once a week every week and since they closed 4 years ago we talk about their pizza EVERY time we eat pizza. For the second day re-opened I would say the food was about 85% what it was and I am confident that it will be 100%+ any day now.

It was so delicious and I am SOOOO freaking stuffed. Just wanted to pass the info on to anyone else that remembers The Tomato. It was some of the best news I have heard in a long time!

Nice!

Comment

Denton has sucked since the Flying Tomato got torn down... well, okay, it has sucked since 96 really, but particularly after the Tomato closed.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
        Anyone who went to UNT and/or lived in Denton 4 or more years ago knows the Tomato Pizza. My wife and I were having ice cream and saw the original owner who informed us that they re-opened yesterday in Sanger right across from Babe's. We literally hopped in the car and drove up there. We used to eat there once a week every week and since they closed 4 years ago we talk about their pizza EVERY time we eat pizza. For the second day re-opened I would say the food was about 85% what it was and I am confident that it will be 100%+ any day now.

It was so delicious and I am SOOOO freaking stuffed. Just wanted to pass the info on to anyone else that remembers The Tomato. It was some of the best news I have heard in a long time!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...20770221290070
        FUCKING awesome! I used to eat there at least 2x a week in between classes with a few classmates. We'd get the lunch special (slice of pizza and breadsticks) then split a pitcher of Shiner then go to our last class. I wanted to take Chili there, but it got torn down before we could get out there.

Can't wait to get out there!
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
          Denton has sucked since the Flying Tomato got torn down... well, okay, it has sucked since 96 really, but particularly after the Tomato closed.
          WRONG! Fry street is still bad ass

Comment

Yea, Fry street is cool.... If you're into guys.
            Big Rooster Racing
            1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post

I see....

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                FUCKING awesome! I used to eat there at least 2x a week in between classes with a few classmates. We'd get the lunch special (slice of pizza and breadsticks) then split a pitcher of Shiner then go to our last class. I wanted to take Chili there, but it got torn down before we could get out there.

Can't wait to get out there!
                We need a Tomato GTG!

Comment

I never understood the allure of that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    WRONG! Fry street is still bad ass
                    If you mean Ave A and Hickory, then you are somewhat correct.

<--- used to manage Lou's & Rip's

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                      Denton always has a good ratio. Chicks are all That place...WTF are you talking about?

Plus 95% of the guys out there are losers so it's easy to look good out there

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        I never understood the allure of that place.
                        Cheap drinks is the main thing. And I mean dirt cheap.

Second for us was a great girl to guy ratio.

Comment

Texas Jive was the only good place on Fry Street. The tomato always had fucking hippies in it.

Comment

Fucking tomato hippies!!
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Plus 95% of the guys out there are losers so it's easy to look good out there
                              Very true. Had a blast there on the 5th.

Comment

Working...
                              X