Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hops!

Wow. Holy shitballs.

I love a good IPA. Ever since my first six pack of Alexander Keiths IPA in Whistler (at the ripe ol age of 18) I've been hooked.

Well one of my favorite breweries (Oskar Blues) has an Imperial (double) IPA. At $16.99 per 4 pack I've been hesitant... Until today.

Rated at 10% ABV and 100 IBUs, this shit is deeeeelicious!.

Anyone else have any favorite IPAs they want to recommend?

[IMG]deleted[/IMG]
    Last edited by Strychnine; 05-14-2011, 03:33 PM.

This thread will be derailed...

Comment

Comment

I generally shy away from IPA's and overly hoppy beers because they're bitter. I'm more of a malt kinda guy myself /shrug.

Comment

If you're ever in Boston I strongly suggest Harpoon IPA. GREAT stuff.
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

G'Day Mate

Comment

My two favorites are Dogfish Head 120 and Pyramid Thunderhead.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                I generally shy away from IPA's and overly hoppy beers because they're bitter. I'm more of a malt kinda guy myself /shrug.
                x2

Too damn bitter for me, just give me a shiner and im good

Comment

I haven't had a really good one in awhile. The last great one I had was a Breckenridge 471 batch. Fucking excellent Imperial IPA. I like the Oskar Blues beers too. The Gordon is a red ale, but has a significant hoppiness to it that a lot of reds fall short on.

I like Victory beers and like their Hop Devil brew. I haven't tried Hop Wallop so I cannot comment on that, but Beer Advocate seems to like it (not that that means anything -- they gave Old Stock an A- and that beer is almost undrinkable).
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                    My two favorites are Dogfish Head 120 and Pyramid Thunderhead.
                    120 doesn't do it for me; the desired clean bitterness is replaced with an unexpected and unwelcomed sort of weird semi-sweetness. And at $10 per bottle, it's way too pricy.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      120 doesn't do it for me; the desired clean bitterness is replaced with an unexpected and unwelcomed sort of weird semi-sweetness. And at $10 per bottle, it's way too pricy.
                      You coming over tonight?
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        You coming over tonight?
                        I dunno... Not really feelin' it, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          I haven't had a really good one in awhile. The last great one I had was a Breckenridge 471 batch. Fucking excellent Imperial IPA. I like the Oskar Blues beers too. The Gordon is a red ale, but has a significant hoppiness to it that a lot of reds fall short on.

I like Victory beers and like their Hop Devil brew. I haven't tried Hop Wallop so I cannot comment on that, but Beer Advocate seems to like it (not that that means anything -- they gave Old Stock an A- and that beer is almost undrinkable).
                          Old stock is good, and a different recipe each year. Not something a traditional ipa-only drinker would like.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

My favorite is Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I really crave it at times and have to go buy some. There isn't a better beer than a big IPA.

CN

Comment

The Sam Adams Longshot sixers have a good hoppy ale in them too. It's called Blackened Hops and it's a deep dark beer with a strong hop flavor. There's another called Friar Hop that's 13% abv (I think) but I haven't gotten around to trying that one yet. The third one called Honey B's Lavender is quite good too, but on an entirely different level.

Watching Carlin with one right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X