well this is an eerie feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    I wasn't this way when I was younger, but now I've gotta have the TV on or at least a fan to sleep. Not quite the same but there is something comforting about ambient noise. I guess that's why most of the decent hotels that I stay in have a radio alarm with several ambient noise settings, like rain, forest, etc.
    When I was a kid I used to love falling asleep with the dryer on and the door open to the laundry room or the best was if someone was vacuuming, it would knock me out.

I downloaded rainforest thunderstorms a long time ago and I pretty much fall asleep with that on every night now.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Yep I work in a sheetmetal shop all kinds of noise all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
        whenever i am at work, both in the military and current job, it is always in a loud engine room/boiler room/thermal plant setting. if you have ever worked in one there is something similar about all three. it's noisy as a motherfucker

well i am here at work and they are doing a chiller shut down which means my chiller and all pumps are offline. i have not measured it but i would guess that the quietest place in here during normal conditions is around 100db. right now i could hear a pin drop. to make it worse i am all by my lonesome

but i got my homie smithNwesson to keep me feeling safe. lol

anyways, just thought i would share. who else works in loud ass mechanical places?
        Quit being such a fag.

Comment

Being out to sea on a sub, the engine room (Nuclear) is pretty noisy, believe it or not. But it's weird to go back there when we pull back in and it's really quiet. Also I get so used to the 60Hz whine, it's hard to sleep for a few weeks when I get back.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            I remember that. Who did that?
            aCid

Comment

I've worked in printing plants all of my life. There are screen, flexo, sheetfed, die cutting, and web presses all running 24/7 along with the air compressors, chillers, and bindery equipment. When there is a power outage it is a very eerie feeling to not hear all of that "normal" noise.

Comment

We have (6) 1200 ton and (2) 600 ton York YK series Chillers, right now we are running 2 1200's but during summer we will have to fire up at least 1 600 to help. We also have (10) 3516 Cat generators, loud mothers.

Comment

Working...
                X