well this is an eerie feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well this is an eerie feeling...

whenever i am at work, both in the military and current job, it is always in a loud engine room/boiler room/thermal plant setting. if you have ever worked in one there is something similar about all three. it's noisy as a motherfucker

well i am here at work and they are doing a chiller shut down which means my chiller and all pumps are offline. i have not measured it but i would guess that the quietest place in here during normal conditions is around 100db. right now i could hear a pin drop. to make it worse i am all by my lonesome

but i got my homie smithNwesson to keep me feeling safe. lol

anyways, just thought i would share. who else works in loud ass mechanical places?

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    whenever i am at work, both in the military and current job, it is always in a loud engine room/boiler room/thermal plant setting. if you have ever worked in one there is something similar about all three. it's noisy as a motherfucker

well i am here at work and they are doing a chiller shut down which means my chiller and all pumps are offline. i have not measured it but i would guess that the quietest place in here during normal conditions is around 100db. right now i could hear a pin drop. to make it worse i am all by my lonesome

but i got my homie smithNwesson to keep me feeling safe. lol

anyways, just thought i would share. who else works in loud ass mechanical places?
    Are you needing e-hugs or something?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

no not really, just is a really odd feeling. figure i'd share...

hey it's better than posting a video of myself getting slapped in the face by someone with feces on their hand!

Comment

I know what you mean, I'm use to hearing 7 or 8 centrifugals humming away. When the rolling blackouts hit we lost the whole plant and all I could hear were crickets.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

what peak load do you see in the summer?

we usually top out at about 11-12k tons. four 2ks, a 3k and maybe a little 750 to help out

Comment

I'm in a plant full of pumps of all sizes, separators, homogenizers, and scrape-surface heat exchangers. It's pretty loud, but not as loud as an engine room. I'd say it's a good 85-90db, depending on where you're at.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

working on natural gas compressor engine packages, being on offshore production platforms, and being on drilling rigs, yes, I know that feeling
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

what peak load do you see in the summer?

we usually top out at about 11-12k tons. four 2ks, a 3k and maybe a little 750 to help out
                Your plant is twice the size of mine.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

hey it's better than posting a video of myself getting slapped in the face by someone with feces on their hand!
                  Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                  I know what you mean

Comment

I remember that. Who did that?
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

sometimes I have rush turned up a little too loud in my office.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_cj View Post
                        sometimes i have rush turned up a little too loud in my office.
                        lmao

Comment

I wasn't this way when I was younger, but now I've gotta have the TV on or at least a fan to sleep. Not quite the same but there is something comforting about ambient noise. I guess that's why most of the decent hotels that I stay in have a radio alarm with several ambient noise settings, like rain, forest, etc.
                          Last edited by Big A; 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            I wasn't this way when I was younger, but now I've gotta have the TV on or at least a fan to sleep. Not quite the same but there is simething comfortind about ambient noise. I guess that's why most of the decent hotels that I stay in have a radio alarm with several ambient noise settings, like rain, forest, etc.
                            Dude, are you drunk?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Dude, are you drunk?
                              lol Nah, just fat fingered.

Comment

Working...
                              X