Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends that try to sell you stuff (i.e. Advocare and other pyramid schemes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends that try to sell you stuff (i.e. Advocare and other pyramid schemes)

Do any of you have friends/family that get into one of these pyramid gigs and try to sell you, or more often, convince you to sell this stuff. I have old friends from high school who post every single day about how Advocare changed their life, blah blah blah. Then I look at them to gauge if these "miracle supplements" really work, and they are not even in great shape. I find it hard to believe they are selling enough supplements to "change their life" when they are not even in great shape themselves. I know there are others besides Advocare, but this is the one I see most often, and they are ALWAYS posting some sketchy studies that show that their snake oil will cure your ADHD child, cancer, etc.

And God forbid you tell them that you are not interested in the pyramid scheme, they go batshit crazy like you just insulted their mother and their religion at the same time.

/rant off

Click on their profile.
    Scroll to lower left.
    Click remove friend.
    Enjoy life.

Comment

Everyone and their brother with Stream Energy...STOP IT ALREADY!

Oh and I laugh at the donked out cars stating "work from home"...good stuff

Comment

I have a few friends who try and sell me some of that kinda thing but I usually just tell them I'm not interest. Most are ok with it but if they're not, oh well! lol
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I got into the insurance pyramid scheme
          Originally posted by Vertnut
          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I just don't understand how they all drink the punch. They are spouting off about how this guy they know makes 500k selling these supplements, and this other couple makes 650k. Then I see them post a check for 1k and they are going wild about it. Sure a few people are making money off all the suckers like you who are doing the leg work, but that doesn't motivate me to buy or sell any of this crap. If there is that much profit in the sales of this stuff I damn sure don't want to buy any of it and contribute to this scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
              I got into the insurance pyramid scheme
              Yes, but atleast your not working for Primerica.
              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Primerica, I wanted to kick the guys ass over that. He's broke dick and is driving a rusty and clapped out Bravada but want's me to pay him $200 to join his program.

I have one relative selling the Spark or Stream energy, he probably did actually make $10k last year off of it. Good thing his wife has a real job though or his kids would starve to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                  Yes, but atleast your not working for Primerica.
                  I had a couple of friends try to recruit me and I just shut them down with "I signed a no compete agreement with my company"....LUCKILY, that sent them on their way. The down side was that I didn't think of that excuse until they had already bugged me for MONTHS.

I can't believe they actually suggest folks buy only short term life policies. WTF are they thinking?!?
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Lol you said sketchy.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Everything is a pyramid scheme. We're in Advocare but I don't push it. If someone wants something I'm more than willing to make money off of them.

But I hear you on the shape/health etc. It's a lifestyle that involves healthy choices. Take Elvis for example. No matter what I sold him his tits would continue to grow from the beer and bar food.

Comment

you no likey?

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                          Everyone and their brother with Stream Energy...STOP IT ALREADY!

Oh and I laugh at the donked out cars stating "work from home"...good stuff
                          Hey hey now... I work from home.
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I had a friend try to sucker me into that shit a few years ago. I stopped being his friend cause I didnt want to associate with someone stupid enough to believe that stuff

Comment

That shit is annoying...

...btw, do any of ya'll want to start working from home? I've got a new product that will change your lives. This isn't one of those crazy sales schemes that never work, i'm giving you the chance of a lifetime. A chance to strike it rich without ever stepping foot in the office again. Just send me $200 and i'll send you a new health suplement proven to change your life! Just ask these 20 people on this DVD i'll send with your first order. The best part is that once you get going, you can get people to do your work FOR YOU! Be your own boss!

...jk, thought it would be a good 4,000th post woot!
                              .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                              X