Cheap cash cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
    Well I've got a 79' Ford pick up that's got a monster lift but don't have a clue what's wrong with it. Just sitting out on the farm.
    Where is it?

I'm sure someone on the board could help you get it running.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
      Small dent? It's the whole fucking quarter panel.
      I love craigslist descriptions.

Convertable - Top got ripped off when I slid it under a box truck.

Runs Great - if you push it to the top of a hill and pop the clutch the whole way down.

New tires - I took the tires off of this one and put new ones on it(they have 10% tread left) but they are new to the car.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Then don't buy it, fuckass.
        Was that your ad?

If so, thanks for the laugh. Also, why did you quote me and change my name to aCid?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          I love craigslist descriptions.

Convertable - Top got ripped off when I slid it under a box truck.

Runs Great - if you push it to the top of a hill and pop the clutch the whole way down.

New tires - I took the tires off of this one and put new ones on it(they have 10% tread left) but they are new to the car.
          would make a good deer lease truck - Complete pile of shit that will NEVER be road worthy again
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Another thing that chaps my ass, is dealers putting cars on craigslist in the 'owners only' section. I made the decision a long time ago to never buy a car off a lot again, and it pisses me off to no end to call a number from the owners only section of craigslist to have some dickhole at a used car lot answer then phone.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Tight deal here:

1996 Ford Aspire - $600 (Nacogdoches)
              Date: 2011-05-27, 10:20AM CDT
              Reply to: sale-cckez-2405698973@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
              My driver's license is suspended for no insurance, so I've relocated and now I have no need for my car. There are a series of problems with it, but keep in mind- it runs!

First of all, the driver's side door is dented in pretty severely, and is without a window. I got hit by a truck about a year ago, and as a result, the car also needs the salvage title. I have the original title, though, and would be willing to help you obtain the salvage title if need be.

The needle on the speedometer is missing. There is an extremely minor oil leak (I have to add oil about once every two months). The car has a lot of miles on it (250,000+); I can get you the exact number if you want. The tags went out last month, so those will need replacing.

Okay, I think that's all the bad stuff. I wanted to put everything bad first, so as not to seem shady trying to sneak it in with tricky wording or burying it in a bunch of useless info. Here's the good stuff:

It runs! It gets good gas mileage, too, surprisingly. I'd fill up every other week, usually for under $20. It will get you from point A to point B. If you can't afford a nice car just yet, and need something cheap for the meantime, this is a good car for you. I've got images on my girlfriend's iPod, wherever the hell that is. I'll find it and post them soon, if I don't forget. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions, or if I forgot to post the pictures or something. My name is Jonathan. Thanks!
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                would make a good deer lease truck - Complete pile of shit that will NEVER be road worthy again
                My all time favorite...

Was running when I parked it (12 fucking years ago) so all you'll need to do is put a battery in it and it should be fine.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                  there is an 88 turbo supra for 2k down the street
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                    QFT.

When I put my Frontier on CL for cheap, I got literally 100+ phone calls within an hour or two, most of which were from people who spoke so poor of English I just had to hang up. I think they have programs that check CL and alert them to when good deals on vehicles come up. That shit was crazy.

The reason I think this is that I had the truck up for two weeks for 200 dollars more, and never got a single call or email. I dropped the price $200 and it was like I broke the threshold for their algorithms and got fucking flooded with calls. I had calls from Arkansas, OKC, El Paso, everywhere.

I take advantage of it. I actually watch CL pretty regularly, and when I post shit for sale, I usually don't have it for long because I price it to sell.

The Mark VII I mentioned earlier in this thread, I listed it for $1200 and sold it the next day for $1k, my LTD Wagon has taken a little longer, but I should have it sold today marking day 9 on CL.

Most trucks I list, I sell within a week. I listed my current truck a few days ago. I listed it "high" in my mind (still very competitively priced) because we're about to move and I kinda need it! LOL if it hasn't sold between now and when we're finished moving, I'll price it to move, and it'll be gone in 2-3 days.

I like people who overprice their shit and/or are upside down and can't afford to sell. They re post their ads over and over, so when I have something I actually want to sell, I pop it up at the right price, and it's gone quick!
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My buddy was selling his 77 Chevy truck Shortbed 4X4 for $1200. It ran real good but had rust from the roads up north. I can check to see if he still has it if interested?

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                        Was that your ad?

If so, thanks for the laugh. Also, why did you quote me and change my name to aCid?
                        No that's not my ad. And I didn't change your name to aCid.

Comment

Working...
                        X