Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In need of children's clothes for some of my students....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of children's clothes for some of my students....

I work at an Elementary school in Arlington teaching science to K-6 graders. The majority of our students come from a VERY low income setting and it is very sad at times seeing the way some of our kids live. Last Tuesday, a parent with 3 children at our school, commited suicide. Dad was not really in the picture. They lived with their mom, and aunt/uncle. The grandparents have also had custody of them in the past. They do not have much stability in their lives at all. Usually the only meals they get are breakfast and lunch at school, because there was no food at home. I often times give them food to take home and share, knowing that they would have something to eat that evening. We took up a donation at my campus the day we found out about it and took them $100 in groceries and a few gift cards.

I am not here to ask for money, but rather any clothes or shoes that you may have, that your children have outgrown. They are in need of shoes and pants the most. This year the 3rd grader told me that all he wanted for Christmas was some new shoes. He only had one pair and they were so old, the soles were coming off and the shoes had holes in them. If you have ANY clothes that have been outgrown, and you wouldn't mind donating them to help these kids during this time of crisis, PLEASE let me know. I am in Arlington, but if you have anything to donate, I will arrange to pick it up as soon as I can. My weeks are crazy right now as school is winding down, but I would like to get some things together for this family.

I will post the kids ages and sizes below with the info I have right now. I am going to get the shoe sizes from them tomorrow.

Sixth...size 16 Husky, large shirt (boy)
    Third...size adult small t-shirt(was a little big on him though), 12-14 pants, shoes size 4 (boy, needs pants)
    Second...10-12, shoes size 3 (boy)
    3 year old...size 3t, shoes 9-9 1/2(girl)

If you are able to help out with any of the items, please contact me and I will make arrangements with you. If you do not have anything to donate, I completely understand. Just please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. No children should have to find their mother dead and go through all the pain and suffering afterwards. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Brian
    Last edited by billybob81; 05-18-2011, 06:49 PM.

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
    I work at an Elementary school in Arlington teaching science to K-6 graders. The majority of our students come from a VERY low income setting and it is very sad at times seeing the way some of our kids live. Last Tuesday, a parent with 3 children at our school, commited suicide. Dad was not really in the picture. They lived with their mom, and aunt/uncle. The grandparents have also had custody of them in the past. They do not have much stability in their lives at all. Usually the only meals they get are breakfast and lunch at school, because there was no food at home. I often times give them food to take home and share, knowing that they would have something to eat that evening. We took up a donation at my campus the day we found out about it and took them $100 in groceries and a few gift cards.

I am not here to ask for money, but rather any clothes or shoes that you may have, that your children have outgrown. They are in need of shoes and pants the most. This year the 3rd grader told me that all he wanted for Christmas was some new shoes. He only had one pair and they were so old, the soles were coming off and the shoes had holes in them. If you have ANY clothes that have been outgrown, and you wouldn't mind donating them to help these kids during this time of crisis, PLEASE let me know. I am in Arlington, but if you have anything to donate, I will arrange to pick it up as soon as I can. My weeks are crazy right now as school is winding down, but I would like to get some things together for this family.

I will post the kids ages and sizes below with the info I have right now. I am going to get the shoe sizes from them tomorrow.

Sixth...size 16 Husky (boy)
    Third...size 14 (boy, needs pants)
    Second...10-12 (boy)
    2 1/2 year old...size 6 or 7 (girl)

If you are able to help out with any of the items, please contact me and I will make arrangements with you. If you do not have anything to donate, I completely understand. Just please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers. No children should have to find their mother dead and go through all the pain and suffering afterwards. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Brian
    Damn dude-I JUST took 4 bags of 10/12 clothes to Goodwill last weekend. If I can find anything left over, I will definitely let you know.

Also-are you sure about the girl's size? My daughter is 6 and is in size 6 clothes.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      Damn dude-I JUST took 4 bags of 10/12 clothes to Goodwill last weekend. If I can find anything left over, I will definitely let you know.

Also-are you sure about the girl's size? My daughter is 6 and is in size 6 clothes.
      That is what was sent to my email. I will ask tomorrow and find out. Is there a difference in girls size 6 and infant size 6??

<------ has no kids, so not sure how child's sizes are labeled!

Comment

damn...that's sad. people who arent financially stable having kids. set up a paypal account and ill give a little something. pretty sad we have to clothe somebody else's kids.
        Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 05-11-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
          That is what was sent to my email. I will ask tomorrow and find out. Is there a difference in girls size 6 and infant size 6??

<------ has no kids, so not sure how child's sizes are labeled!
          Well, the only other 6 would be 6 months and I'm pretty sure she's not that small. Either that or she is reaaaallly big. Just let us know.
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            damn...that's sad. people who arent financially stable having kids. set up a paypal account and ill give a little something. pretty sad we have to clothe somebody else's kids.
            Yes, it is sad. And the poor kids didn't have a choice of what kind of family to be born into. A lot of our families get help from mission arlington, but that is for the people who will take the initiative and accept the help. I think now that grandma and grandpa will be raising the kids, they will have a better chance. I don't think they are financially stable to be taking on 4 kids, but after visiting with them, they are good people, who actually care for the well-being of the grandkids and will do whatever they can to raise them.

I really didn't want to come on here asking for money. I don't want anyone to feel like they have to clothe someone elses kids. Just simply asking for any used clothes that were not being used and fixing to go to Goodwill.

Originally posted by Leah View Post
            Well, the only other 6 would be 6 months and I'm pretty sure she's not that small. Either that or she is reaaaallly big. Just let us know.

Lol, I will find out tomorrow and update the first post, and hopefully have shoe sizes as well.

Comment

well, if nobody has shoes that will fit the little guy, set up a paypal man, and i'll donate towards some shoes.

Comment

I wish they were full sized people, I've got a ton of extra clothes.

Comment

Fuck. I don't live in DFW now but this shit makes me wish I still had my old job that I hated, but made enough money to contribute to things like this. I hate when kids suffer for the "sins" of their parents. Props to you for caring and I hope that somebody of higher means can contribute.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

PM me your number and email.

Comment

I'm alllllll over this man! I have a metric ton of clothing that will fit those babies. I will be going to the rangers game saturday and can meet before hand.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Vertnut
                      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I have size 6 girl stuff but not 6 mos

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          Yall helped me clothe my niece last winter and her POS mother hauled ass leaving it all behind.

It's people like my sister that should be sterilized

Comment

I have some shoes and clothes that I could send. Whats your address?

Oh, and a 3rd grader that is a sz 14 isnt missing many meals.

Comment

The little one is either 2T or 3T depending on how big she is.

Comment

Working...
                              X