Arlington PD are some sneaky MOFOs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    You probably tried to wrestle it down and fuck it.
    Don't be ridiculous.

It said yes.

I'm no rapist.

Comment

You probably tried to wrestle it down and fuck it.
      You and your damn stereotypes. Pterodactyl are not white.

Comment

fuck i read teh rest of this to get to dinosaur comments, shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          Goes to the state. That is the States surcharge I mentioned a minute ago. City doesn't see that money at all.
          So the city pays for the cops salary to make the state money for such infractions ...and the money doesn't somehow pay some small percentage of the income the cop makes for doing his job?
          Originally posted by Vertnut
          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
            So the city pays for the cops salary to make the state money for such infractions ...and the money doesn't somehow pay some small percentage of the income the cop makes for doing his job?
            Both the state and federal governments offer grants to local law enforcement via DWI enforcement programs. Much like the speeding enforcement program where the two FWPD cops were recently caught lying about how many hours they were working. If I recall correctly, those were federal dollars. Generally speaking, the more people they catch while operating under these programs, the more money they will get from both the state and from Washington when it comes time for another round of handouts. That was the point of the newspaper article I posted where the guy was arrested by a department trying to make a quota to get their funding.

One thing you can count on in this world is the fact that when people are incentivized with money, a very good percentage will lie, cheat and/or steal to get it. This situation is really no different except the average cop on the street is just the pawn of the higher ups in the department who are trying to get this funding. You would think the guy on the street is honest but then again you have no idea what kind of pressures he/she has been put under either.

Also, this is only half of the money equation when it comes to DWI/DUI laws. The second half is where the defense lawyers, MADD and the state line their pockets with the money that the offender is forced to pay during the legal process.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
              fuck i read teh rest of this to get to dinosaur comments, shit!
              Well, I guess I should have went with dragons.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Both the state and federal governments offer grants to local law enforcement via DWI enforcement programs. Much like the speeding enforcement program where the two FWPD cops were recently caught lying about how many hours they were working. If I recall correctly, those were federal dollars. Generally speaking, the more people they catch while operating under these programs, the more money they will get from both the state and from Washington when it comes time for another round of handouts. That was the point of the newspaper article I posted where the guy was arrested by a department trying to make a quota to get their funding.

One thing you can count on in this world is the fact that when people are incentivized with money, a very good percentage will lie, cheat and/or steal to get it. This situation is really no different except the average cop on the street is just the pawn of the higher ups in the department who are trying to get this funding. You would think the guy on the street is honest but then again you have no idea what kind of pressures he/she has been put under either.

Also, this is only half of the money equation when it comes to DWI/DUI laws. The second half is where the defense lawyers, MADD and the state line their pockets with the money that the offender is forced to pay during the legal process.
                TWO? Get your fucking fact straight, Mister!

There were 4 or 5 involved in that scheme.

Other than that, your post is very solid. Even after 20 years, I don't understand how people misapply monies that aren't theirs. Like now the head of the division I work for will not allow a supervisor to work OT when supervision is dangerously low. He does not want his budget to suffer, but he'd rather let some officer run unsupervised and risk putting the city into millions of dollars of liability. Or the wasting of money by city leaders. They use the PD fund as a cash cow to supplement the general fund. For instance, when we take a PD car to get the oil changed, the city charges the PD about $75, uses what it really takes to pay for the oil change, and puts the rest into the general fund where they built the Omni Hotel.

I'm sure their buddies got nice fat contracts/kickbacks.

Comment

Working...
                X