Arlington PD are some sneaky MOFOs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington PD are some sneaky MOFOs.

So I decided to drop on by Buffalo Joe's in Arlington, which is off 287 and little rd. Friends wanted to play pool there. We got there at about 11:30pm, and left at about 2am when it closed. as soon as the place closes and they're asking people to leave, APD is out in the parking lot in force hitting up people and catching cars as they leave! Seriously, when a car would leave, a APD car would come out and chase it down. Pretty freakin intense DWI/PI enforcement right there. That's why I park in the next lot over when going there, lol. But they really do have some drunk bastards leaving the place, so I guess that's good in away.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

That's exactly what their doing. I'm guessing someone who works there called up and said wanna nab some drunks tonight?

Comment

Picking that low-hanging fruit FTW.

Anyone stupid enough to be over the limit, drive out of the parking lot after seeing it saturated with cops, and then get pulled over got what they deserved.

Comment

If it was someone that worked there, which I doubt, then the bartenders would be getting nailed to for over serving their patrons. They are in control of how much you can drink in the end.

Comment

My department completes TABC referrals to every establishment our DWI's come from.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            My department completes TABC referrals to every establishment our DWI's come from.
            Educate me a little, what exactly does that mean?

Comment

from experience being out at 2am is usually asking for trouble. the pd knows where the drunks hangout and at 2am they know they will all be driving home.

Comment

Yeah, I've been dumb enough to do it too in the past.

Nothing sneaky about it though, just them keeping busy. Granted, in Arlington there were probably 20 break-ins going on at the same time. They don't kill at all either, just easier to catch drunks though.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                  yeah, whats that mean luis? good to see ya last night bro.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

imagine that.

Comment

I'm guessing it means when they pull over someone in that situation they take the name of the bar and all the pertinent information and forward that to TABC so they can follow up as they see fit.
                      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        It means they blame the bar for the choice of the customer.

Kind of like blaming a gun store because they sold a gun to someone who used it in an illegal way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bars can be popped By TABC for over-serving.

EDIT - when you take your class to become TABC certified to sell booze, part of it is identifying whether somebody is too drunk and needs to be cut-off.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Bars can be popped By TABC for over-serving.
                            I've never been cut off by the bar and I've been in really bad shape before (like everyone I'm sure). Those bad nights I did get rides home one way or another. (friends, wife...etc)

The night I found out my wife was pregnant with my first kid (ended up being twins) I tied one on big time, was puking out the window through Plano. Could not figure out why she was so pissed off. (She wanted to tell me - I don't get blitzed that often, even before kids while out and about)

Either way, if I did drive home and got caught...etc - I don't see how it is the bar's fault.

Edit to your edit - probably should just have a 1-2 drink limit.
                            Last edited by ceyko; 05-11-2011, 07:37 AM.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That's how Arlington shuts down the bars they don't want. For some reason they don't pull that trick at Cowboys or Sherlocks any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X