Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint or powdercoat help for bicycle frame wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint or powdercoat help for bicycle frame wanted.

I ordered a new mountain bike frame and I want to do something funky with it.

How long does it normally take to have something powder coated?

Does anyone here have experience with using *gasp* spray paint for such a task?

I'm not looking for a show quality job, I'm just looking for something that won't flake off while I ride through the woods.

Spray paint will work just fine. Just clean the fram really well, and spray it with a clear gloss after the color. That will prevent chipping/flaking.

PC can take anywhere from 1-7 days depending on workload and color selection. Most places only keep basic colors on hand and have to order in custom stuff.

Who I have always used http://www.qualitypowdercoating.com/dallas/contact/

Comment

I would powder coat it. I Painted and cleared my frame but it still chips. I went down and it scraped a few chunks off. Just make sure to cover the bottom bracket and headset area. I would think any reputable powder coater would have experience with bicycles.

Comment

I powder coat and can help you out if needed.

Comment

We've been painting our roll cages with rustolium hammered paint. Its a cool product, you can spray or brush it, its hard as hell when dry, and if you do sratch or chip it, it blends with itself when you touch it up.

Just something I thought I would throw out there.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Adam, powder coating a frame shouldn't cost much at all. BPC quoted me $140 to blast and coat Kenny's dirtbike frame and swing arm. I'd think a bike frame would be about half of that. They do have a 2-3 week lead time.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Adam, powder coating a frame shouldn't cost much at all. BPC quoted me $140 to blast and coat Kenny's dirtbike frame and swing arm. I'd think a bike frame would be about half of that. They do have a 2-3 week lead time.
              Thats not a bad price for frame and swingarm. You would be looking at 60 for the frame and 15 for the forks.

Comment

Originally posted by ideal-coatings View Post
                Thats not a bad price for frame and swingarm. You would be looking at 60 for the frame and 15 for the forks.
                Nice screen name.

PM Tyler (Mach1) about your advertising needs.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Take it to crosslink powdercoating in mckinney. Cheap,fast, nice work. He did a 6 hour turnaround on a part I needed bad one time...

Comment

What happened to Paul's Powder Coating?

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                      What happened to Paul's Powder Coating?
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Burleson did awesome on my wheels and they were quite a bit cheaper than anyone else I talked to, I'll be going back to them for sure...I'm actually planning to haul them a 12-bolt housing and convetible top rack off of the Chevelle as soon as I can get some time to run down there.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          picture
                          After I posted that I thought I remembered something happening, never mind. I can't keep up with all the drama on here.

Comment

Working...
                          X