No announcement yet.

stolen vehicle update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway, back to the questions. what should I expect? never had a stolen vehicle returned before so I'm apprehensive about taking it back just to find a bunch of problems created by the theft.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I've only had a bike stolen once..... It was sitting in the garage and we went on vacation. Got back and the bike was gone! Police later found it and the thing was completely trashed/wrecked and turns out the guy we had mowing our lawn stole it.

He was black.

Comment

Soup Kitchen Orgy

When a group of 4 or more bums have an orgy in a vehicle.

Hey, you wanna join us? We're going to turn this red prius into a soup kitchen.

Hey are you the bums that turned my car into a soup kitchen?

Comment

Thanks for the F shack.

-Dirty Mike and the boys

Comment

We had a work truck stolen a few years ago, got it back after the guy plowed into the back of an 18 wheeler and totaled it. Another guy I know got his back with the back tires completely bald from burnouts, then a week later the transmission took a shit.

Comment

Insurance will pay for any damage incurred as a result of the theft and they should cover all impound and towing fees. You'll need a copy of the police report and the real registration to pick it up and file a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                So, if anyone remembers my truck was stolen 2 and a half weeks ago and at this point I am pretty set on getting an insurance payoff... well the police had to go and get around to doing their job and found my truck.

I liked the thing and all but after its been raped by messicans I don't really want it any more. I haven't had a chance to go look at it so who knows what condition its in so I can only guess at this point. What has been everyone's experience after getting a stolen vehicle back? Is it usually fucked mechanically? What options do I have with the insurance company if it looks "ok" when I go look at it? Its in some impound lot in Carrolton right now.
                Take the total loss from the company and get something new if they've already made an offer. If not, go check it out and see for yourself
                Originally posted by Vertnut
                I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                  Thanks for the F shack.

-Dirty Mike and the boys
                  lol

Comment

I'd imagine that it would depend on who stole it, and what their intentions were. If it were any kind of "professionals" the car probably would be found, and certainly two weeks later the yard would have mentioned alot more than a stripped column being trashed.

I can't imagine someone would risk jail time to "joy ride" a pickup, so perhaps it was some amateurs that were intending on selling it on the black market, or shipping it to Mexico as a whole vehicle. Anybody heard from TonyZ06 today?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      I'd imagine that it would depend on who stole it, and what their intentions were. If it were any kind of "professionals" the car probably would be found, and certainly two weeks later the yard would have mentioned alot more than a stripped column being trashed.

I can't imagine someone would risk jail time to "joy ride" a pickup, so perhaps it was some amateurs that were intending on selling it on the black market, or shipping it to Mexico as a whole vehicle. Anybody heard from TonyZ06 today?

People do steal cars just to joyride.

Comment

Originally posted by beaner72 View Post
                        More than likely it's at grahams wrecker srvc. You can call them and ask about it's condition. The police pound slip list damages and missing items.
                        They won't say anything over the phone. They'll just say if they believe it is drivable or not.

Comment

Have the truck towed back to your house from the impound. Assuming the motor, transmission, and rest of the drive train is still in the truck. Drain the fluid out of the rear end and save it, then drain about 7 qts out of the transmission. Take it for a drive, but stay close to home! Drive it like you stole it until either the transmission or rear end blows up. More than likely the rear end will blow first. Then foot brake the truck until the transmission goes to shit too. Have it towed back to the house. Fill the diff and tranny back with the old fluids. Finally pour linseed oil in the gas tank and let it run until the motor locks up.

Once everything is broken call the insurance company and tell the truck won't run as a result of the theft. That should pretty much take care of that... but its insurance fraud and illegal. I wouldn't do it personally.
                          Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                          http://www.titantowing.net
                          -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            Have the truck towed back to your house from the impound. Assuming the motor, transmission, and rest of the drive train is still in the truck. Drain the fluid out of the rear end and save it, then drain about 7 qts out of the transmission. Take it for a drive, but stay close to home! Drive it like you stole it until either the transmission or rear end blows up. More than likely the rear end will blow first. Then foot brake the truck until the transmission goes to shit too. Have it towed back to the house. Fill the diff and tranny back with the old fluids. Finally pour linseed oil in the gas tank and let it run until the motor locks up.

Once everything is broken call the insurance company and tell the truck won't run as a result of the theft. That should pretty much take care of that... but its insurance fraud and illegal. I wouldn't do it personally.
                            *Walks in whistling*... "Hey what's up guys?!"

*Hears this conversation and quickly exits stage left*
                            Originally posted by Vertnut
                            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X