paper lisence plates, officers in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paper lisence plates, officers in here

Okay, I know there was a thread about this, or was discussed in the past, but how are all these people getting temporary tags for these cars?

This post reminded me of it:

Originally posted by 0 GT 2
    I work next to the Collin County WIC office and it is paper tag after paper tag pulling up in the parking lot. Sometimes it's tough to bite my lip but I know in the end you reap what you sew.
    I know you usually get a paper tag for a freshly purchased vehicle, but I have seen the same POS vehicles around sporting them for over a year. What gives?

How long can these people keep getting paper tags instead of actually registering the vehicle?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

I see it in the hood everyday all day. Im thinking the shady car lots and the low paid labor at dealerships has a hand in it all.

I'd fucking call the cops if i thought they'd do a damn thing.

Comment

toe the note lots

Comment

Can they really just keep temporary tags on them indefinitely?

Stevo
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          Can they really just keep temporary tags on them indefinitely?

Stevo
          Yes, this jack off kid that worked with me had them. He actually bought a Lexus in Cali that had a Supra motor. To transfer it to Texas he had to go through all the bullshit of letting the DPS inspect the car for emissions. He had those plates for six months. He would go down to the tag office and they would just give them to him. He ended up selling the car.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Hell the last two I got when I was in Tx were printed on plain paper
            I knew a guy who scanned one, and printed a new one anytime he needed a fresh one

Not hard at all, I even heard they are easy to find in template form online

Comment

Wharz Sean Williams?
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Riding Dirty.

Comment

I guess there is no way for law enforcement to verify them?

Stevo

Comment

Stevo
                    you know how long it takes for a state or municipality to get anything "in the system"?

it's definitely longer than the month that a temp tag is good for

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      you know how long it takes for a state or municipality to get anything "in the system"?

it's definitely longer than the month that a temp tag is good for
                      I guess I've been doing it wrong, time to go to Kinkos to print up a dozen or two.

Stevo

Comment

I guess I've been doing it wrong, time to go to Kinkos to print up a dozen or two.

Stevo
                        PM Sean88gt

Comment

Here in PA they give you plates instantly upon buying your car.

Comment

Stevo
                            Yes, you can run them like regular plates. And yes, people do alter them.

Get stopped by DPS and you'll go to jail for altering a Government document.

Of course, the DA here would not take those, so we just end up writing them a fist full of tickets.

Comment

You can run them and the day after they are issued they are put in the computer. Any plate not in the computer is fake... I've made several arrests with this as pc.

Comment

Working...
                              X