Geocaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    Someone called in a guy placing a pipe bomb by a light pole in the academy parking lot here a couple years ago. After getting the bomb squad with robot and everything out there, they figured out it was one of those geocaching things.
    That's funny!
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

That shit is fucking fun. There's a PVC tube submerged near the island in Lake Whitney with shit in it. Go for it!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        That's funny!
        Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          That shit is fucking fun. There's a PVC tube submerged near the island in Lake Whitney with shit in it. Go for it!
          Septic tank?

With the current water level at Lake Whitney, I bet you could actually walk to that island.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Holy shit!

Comment

I've done it for several years. I get into it and do several, and then I won't do it for a while. I usually look up caches for places I'm going on vacation, but rarely get to them. If I'm going somewhere camping I usually do at least 1 or 2. The hard ones are more fun. I don't get into the taking junk/leaving junk thing, but do move travel bugs if I find them.

DamonH

Comment

I got into it for a short while. I probably found 8 or 10 caches. The best were the ones Leah and I did out in the desert around Vegas. We are renting a jeep again at the end of the month, we probably should do some more.

Comment

Have examples of what you would typically find?

Comment

They're usually containers of sorts. Some large, some small. Most have a piece of paper you can scribble our name and date on as a log. Some caches have goodies, but youre supposed to leave an item in return.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      Septic tank?

With the current water level at Lake Whitney, I bet you could actually walk to that island.

Stevo
                      Where is this island? I used to go to Lake Whitney a lot when my family lived down there.

Comment

My Dad loves that shit. But he lives in a town of 7,000 people where there's nothing else to do.

Comment

How did this get started??
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

My son likes to do this, we just started, have found about 5 so far

Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                              Where is this island? I used to go to Lake Whitney a lot when my family lived down there.
                              Just off the north end of Walling Bend park. It is infested with seagulls and other birds, and is covered in birdshit and parasites. Or, at least was.

Last time I was that way, about 2 years ago, I tried to cross between the island and the bank, that was a screw up, water got less that three foot under the boat before I turned around. The water level has dropped lower since then.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                Nerds!
                                Correction. Gay nerds!

One of my employees wanted to borrow my GPS to geocache a stash on base. I told him he was fired if he ever mentioned that shit again. Seriously, who is going to do that shit out here?

Comment

Working...
                                X