Do allergies make you imagine smells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do allergies make you imagine smells?

Every year when my allergies are screwed up, i imagine scents that aren't possible where I am. I smell weed, or fried chicken, or cookies, or vomit, or gasoline, etc.

And then my eyes are so red I look blazed. I just got some drops though that have helped a lot there.

You sure you didn't smoke some weed to help the allergies. Then eat fried chicken and cookies until you vomited on the rug, then doused it in gasoline and burnt it to destroy the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      Every year when my allergies are screwed up, i imagine scents that aren't possible where I am. I smell weed, or fried chicken, or cookies, or vomit, or gasoline, etc.

And then my eyes are so red I look blazed. I just got some drops though that have helped a lot there.
      My eyes are naturally red at times..... People ask me if I'm stoned plenty of the time although I haven't touched the stuff since last November, lol!

I smell weed every now and then in places I swear I shouldn't be smelling weed but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        You sure you didn't smoke some weed to help the allergies. Then eat fried chicken and cookies until you vomited on the rug, then doused it in gasoline and burnt it to destroy the evidence.
        Not today

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

As stated in another thread a few weeks ago, I have this happen when I rub my nose sometimes. I start to smell strange things but know there is no possible way they are real.

Comment

Everytime I smell weed my eyes are all red and glossy too!
              Originally posted by Vertnut
              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                Everytime I smell weed my eyes are all red and glossy too!
                i dont smoke it to get high.. i just like the smell
                first class white trash

Comment

Today's little ray of sunshine: Brain tumors cause olfactory hallucinations.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                    i dont smoke it to get high.. i just like the smell
                    I don't smoke it at all. It smokes on its own, I just sit close by
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                      I don't smoke it at all. It smokes on its own, I just sit close by
                      x2 Haha.

Aroma therapy at it's finest.

Comment

There is such a thing as cross sensory triggers. That is where you may see hear, smell, feel or taste something in reality and it triggers you seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting or feeling something else. Sensory input can also trigger you thinking about something that is totally unrelated to the input but the thought will also be the same thing. Like you may smell bubble gum and automatically and always think of the word "jump". It is weird shit and is caused by crossed signals in parts of the brain from what I have read.

This probably has more to do with just your nose and the inputs to your brain.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It's called Phantosmia. It's caused from many things, but most often it nothing serious. Many Migraine sufferers experience Phantosmia as part of the aura. It's also can be caused from Partial Lobe Epilepsy. And, yes, in some cases is can be caused by brain tumors. However, many people experience this condition and the cause is idiopathic. They'll have no history of head trauma. They'll have MRI/CAT scan with a Neuro consult and everything comes up negative. Etc.. Allergies can certainly be a potential cause. Anything that affects the olfactory system is a possibility, especially in cases of injury.

Some people get lucky and smell pleasant odors. A lot of folks smell putrid odors, like rotting flesh. Some people also describe it as burnt plastic. The most common Phantosmia complaint I've heard is smelling smoke. Some people will spend months cleaning and replacing all carpet, clothing, and linens to try and get rid of the smoke smell. It can be very disquieting for people who suffer it chronically. It usually ends up making people nauseous.
                          Last edited by LS1Goat; 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

this thread smells like shit

Comment

holy. fuck.

roasldfsas;ldjshkl;2;3ilh54q23l1341@#$!@#$^#%

Comment

Working...
                              X