Dearest Exxon Mobil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    It is a somewhat free country, you made the choice on where you live, where you work, what you drive. All that shit is up to you, if you hate the price of gas then do something to change how much you buy, don't blame Exxon.
    and at the end of the day I still have to purchase gas in Dallas Fort Worth. Public transit has come along way than 10 years ago but doesn't work for 80-90 percent of DFW. Unless I purchase I bike and take chances with my life everyday in traffic there isn't much CHOICE that I have.

This affects more than just going to work and back. Next time you are buying produce/groceries think about what the prices were a year ago. Everything is trucked. Every trucking companies is feeling it and passing fuel surcharges onto their customers like I am. Those increases will ultimately pass on to you the consumer. So yes I can move, change jobs and drive a moped but I'm still affected and the economy with its recovery is overall impacted.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
      and at the end of the day I still have to purchase gas in Dallas Fort Worth. Public transit has come along way than 10 years ago but doesn't work for 80-90 percent of DFW. Unless I purchase I bike and take chances with my life everyday in traffic there isn't much CHOICE that I have.

This affects more than just going to work and back. Next time you are buying produce/groceries think about what the prices were a year ago. Everything is trucked. Every trucking companies is feeling it and passing fuel surcharges onto their customers like I am. Those increases will ultimately pass on to you the consumer. So yes I can move, change jobs and drive a moped but I'm still affected and the economy with its recovery is overall impacted.
      You have plenty of choice, pack your shit and move.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Buy a farm, run everything off sun, wind, and water. Grow your own shit, raise you own shit. Take care of your own shit.
        I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
          Buy a farm, run everything off sun, wind, and water. Grow your own shit, raise you own shit. Take care of your own shit.
          Working on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            You have plenty of choice, pack your shit and move.
            makes sense. perfect. Thanks.
            Murph

Comment

okey dokey. wonder why the price of cereal is the same but the box is smaller?
              Murph

Comment

makes sense. perfect. Thanks.
                Do like Denny and move to Guam and make a database of high school girl pussy pics.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Ok but if the prices are set by speculators and oil companiesi make massive margins are they innocent while hurting the average Joe? Everything goes into store has to be trucked in. An easy example is groceries. The price of produce is going way up. My diesel bill is huge and diesel suppose to be easier to refine. I have to do fuel surcharges now . everything is ship on a pallet. So just the pallet increase will be past on to the consumer.....and that is just the pallet. Not to mention the other cost like packaging etc that goes up also because its truck also.
                  You can do what I did. I traded my 4x4 v8 for a v6 Edge that doubled the mileage or move and stop bitching. The oil companies make very little percentage wise
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    Exxon makes .02 per gallon of gas. The state of Texas makes .20 per gallon. Minnesota makes .27 per gallon. Wisconsin makes .32 per gallon.
                    And then you have federal taxes on top of that
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Seriously Mike, this sounds like a troll thread with your replies.

13B profit sounds like overkill, until you realize that the company makes over 100B in that quarter.

Is $10,000 a lot of money? Nope, not compared to the monstrous earnings of Exxon. What if that $10,000 was profit on sales of $20,000? that's a 50% margin. Is that someone who is worse at milking the system than Exxon? Or is the real beef the $$$ amount Exxon posted?

My point is that they are quite low on the % of profit to earnings, they just earn a fuck load. When 1% swings your profit margin over a BILLION DOLLARS, you have to earn a big chunk. Period.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

run everything off sun, wind,
                        Wind dies, and the sun sets. Drill here, Drill now!

Comment

Working...
                        X