Well damn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well damn

after not going to the doc since Feb for my ladies pregnancy we finally went today, they confirmed we are having a little boy but are worried about its diet, since its our first we really were unsure how to go thru this, we tried to eat as healthy as we could but working nights and not being able to sit down for dinner has made us do fast food a lot, but as of now the baby is 28 weeks and weighing about 3 1/2 pounds, looks like we will be on a diet for the next 3 months.... going to start exercising big time... any of yall been thru this??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Does she have gestational diabetes?

Comment

Has she put on a good amount of weight as well? What about gestational diabetes as asked above?
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
        Does she have gestational diabetes?
        we dont know yet, they just took her blood work today we will know in 2 weeks when we go back

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
          Has she put on a good amount of weight as well? What about gestational diabetes as asked above?
          i think she said somewhere around 15 pounds if that

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
            i think she said somewhere around 15 pounds if that

says here her weight is at the low end of average, and the baby is about a pound ahead.... don't see what the big deal is unless I'm issing something. I'm going to keep googling. and re reading for that matter to make sure I under read it right

Comment

thanks juggs, when they took her pee test they said she was dropping suggar?? what does that mean??

Comment

If she has GD, they would've told her today, or they'll call her in the next day or so. It also depends on if they're judging her results on the old scale or the new scale. If her sugars are slightly off, they'll monitor her and have her make adjustments to her diet.

She's really not too far out of normal weight gain at this point, assuming she started at a healthy weight. A 25-35 lb gain is considered "normal."

Also remember that sonography isn't really all that accurate in judging the baby's weight. They guestimated that Grace would be between 7.5 and 8 lbs, and she came into the world weighing 5 lbs 8 oz.

Comment

thanks ladies for the info, im going to keep telling her to relax and dont be too worried about it, but we are still going to start to eat better and walking every morning when i get home from work

Comment

thanks juggs, when they took her pee test they said she was dropping suggar?? what does that mean??
                    Sugar in your urine does not mean you are diabetic. It is normal for your kidneys to leak sugar from your bloodstream into your urine. This is particularly expected if you eat a large meal or drink a really sweet beverage. You should be tested for gestational diabetes if:

•Consistent levels of sugar (glucose) are detected and/or
                    •You feel tired or lethargic
                    •You are consistently thirsty
                    •You are loosing weight

Protein found in your urine indicates a problem in kidney function such as an infection. If protein is found in your urine late in pregnancy this may be a sign of preeclampsia. You healthcare provider will examine you for preeclampsia if:

•Consistent levels of sugar (glucose) are detected and
                    •You have high blood pressure
                    •You have swelling in your face and hands

Ketones occur when your body is breaking down fats instead of carbohydrates for energy. High levels of ketones indicate that you are not getting enough to eat or if you are dehydrated.

Bacteria in your urine is a sign of a urinary tract infection. Your healthcare provider may retrieve a second urine sample collected through a catheter before determining the type of antibiotics needed

Comment

Sugar in urine can be a marker for GD, but it's not uncommon to have some sugar in urine during pregnancy. If her levels consistently get more elevated, they may redo her glucose tolerance test.

Comment

also i forgot to add, the thing that worried the doctor the most was on the print out they gave us after the sonogram it had a percentage of 95, and the doc said that it should be around 50 percent (i cant remember what that percentage was for tho)

Comment

thanks ladies for the info, im going to keep telling her to relax and dont be too worried about it, but we are still going to start to eat better and walking every morning when i get home from work
                          Tell her to take it from a few hatchets that have had a few LOL!!!

CALM DOWN WOMAN!!!

Comment

also i forgot to add, the thing that worried the doctor the most was on the print out they gave us after the sonogram it had a percentage of 95, and the doc said that it should be around 50 percent (i cant remember what that percentage was for tho)
                            Uh, that's kind of important LOL!!! Call in the morning to clarify what it was his concerns were for peace of mind.

Comment

That's a great idea, and good for you being proactive and supporting her. It will definitely make for easier labor and post baby weight loss if she stays active. Be cautious though, too much can get her dehydrated or can make Braxton hicks contractions more active. She really does need to relax and just listen to her body. It has a way of telling us if something isn't right during pregnancy.

Comment

Working...
                              X