Ultimate Roadtrip: booked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Roadtrip: booked.

Fly in to Los Angeles Sept 10th. Go to Hertz Counter. Pick up a 2012 Mustang GT. Proceed up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco. Tour various filming locations of Bullitt, cross Golden Gate, etc. Proceed to Reno, Nevada. Lose some money. Drive across Nevada on Route 50, also known as the Loneliest Road in America. Many scenes from Vanishing Point were shot here. Top Gear BBC drove a Cadillac CTS-V, Corvette ZR1, and Dodge Challenger SRT across this stretch of emptiness in season 12, episode 2. Arrive in West Wendover, and proceed to the Bonneville Saltflats World of Speed races. Head south, to Arizona. See the Meteor crater outside Winslow, then head to The Grand Canyon. Proceed over the new bridge above the Hoover Dam and through Vegas to The Extraterrestrial Highway along side Area 51, and find The Black Mailbox. Get chased off by Men in Black. Back through Southern California and arrive at LAX to depart 9 days and roughly 2500 miles later. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME.

Someone gives this man a cookie!!
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

badass man. sounds awesome!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

wow I are jealous.

Can I come with? (Will pay your food, beer, liquor, gas!!!)

Comment

Solo or getting road head from Slider everyday?

Comment

Thats awesome, eric!
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Solo or getting road head from Slider everyday?

Danny is coming, and maybe another person or two. If they do, we'll likely rent a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T as a secondary. The original plan was for 3 of us to rent the Mustang, Challenger, and a Camaro, but that is a lot of driving alone, and it isn't exactly cheap to rent, let alone triple the gas bill.

Comment

Do want.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Danny is coming, and maybe another person or two. If they do, we'll likely rent a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T as a secondary. The original plan was for 3 of us to rent the Mustang, Challenger, and a Camaro, but that is a lot of driving alone, and it isn't exactly cheap to rent, let alone triple the gas bill.
                  Dammit man....if I wasn't getting ready to blow my wad on getting to the mountains I would love to join.

Comment

As someone that has done this multiple times before, I would suggest a stay in either Santa Barbara for a night or Pismo Beach. There is a really nice cafe on highway 101/1 (where they merge) in Pismo and down by the city park in Santa Barbara is a really good watering hole/seafood place that the locals hang out at. Damn just thinking back on my trips Im jealous. I will say watch out for the fog on the PCH up between Lucia and Cayucos

Comment

Friend of mine from work took off a couple months and just drove. Left out of Dallas through to San Diego, then up to Seattle and back, hitting up and and all points of interest along the way. Says it's definately the greatest thing he's ever done in his life.

Do it man, it sounds fuckin awesome. I'm jealous
                      --Marcus

Comment

Sounds bad ass! Enjoy.

Comment

How do you people get so much time off of work? I get 2 weeks max, and that's accrued.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                            Friend of mine from work took off a couple months and just drove. Left out of Dallas through to San Diego, then up to Seattle and back, hitting up and and all points of interest along the way. Says it's definately the greatest thing he's ever done in his life.

Do it man, it sounds fuckin awesome. I'm jealous

I can only take off a week at a time, otherwise this would be a 16 day event instead of 9, with many more stops. I've actually wanted to do a variation of this trip for over a decade. I'm not getting any younger, but on the bright side now I can afford to go all out and do it right, and I've spent over a month planning it. Booked all the major details tonight. That many miles will help clear my head. Nothing soothes me like a road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              How do you people get so much time off of work?
                              <-- Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X