Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had work done at UT Southwestern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had work done at UT Southwestern?

I've looked into getting Orthodontic work done and a couple orthodontists suggested I speak with an oral surgeon because they feel I'm a good candidate for orthognathic surgery. Basically it's not just an issue of having teeth that aren't straight, I also have a severe cross bite and severe crowding from a narrow upper and lower jaw. Along with that my jaws don't line up properly and I have popping on my right side when I open and close my mouth. So I've seen a couple oral surgeons and they both recommended I have the surgery done if I plan on getting braces. Well come to find out today that my insurance won't cover any cost of surgery and I can't afford a surgery that'll run me almost $30K.

I've heard of people having procedures done by residents at UT Southwestern while being supervised by an attending as part of their learning process. I've heard that you can have many things done at highly discounted rate and in some cases you can get into a case study where everything is done free. But I don't know who to contact to look into this. I'm looking all over their site right now to try and find out but I'm not finding any info.

Has any ever done this? How did things turn out? How'd you get started into this?

Any info is helpful. And yes, I've already put a call into an ortho and oral surgeon at UT Southwestern.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

My brother had both lungs transplanted there in March, they were very good in that regard. Not sure about the dental side but if you need some lungs or a heart I'd recommend them!

Comment

Do you know if he was any sort of case study where he got discounted/free treatment?
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Do you know if he was any sort of case study where he got discounted/free treatment?
        He's retired Air Force so TRICARE took care of most of the bills. I can tell you one thing for certain, if he would have stayed at Scott White (Fort Hood) he would have died several months ago. They seem nice enough but they couldn't get their heads out of their asses. Three different lung biopsies and they still weren't convinced he needed a transplant. Hell they told him he had hepatitis, diabetes and his heart was failing.

He moved back here to die basically. Went to the ER in NRH and was transported to UTSW. They immediately put him on the donor list and he had a transplant within a week. His heart is fine, he doesn't have diabetes or hepatitis and two months later other than the scars and him walking slow you'd have no idea what he went through. No more oxygen tanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          He's retired Air Force so TRICARE took care of most of the bills. I can tell you one thing for certain, if he would have stayed at Scott White (Fort Hood) he would have died several months ago. They seem nice enough but they couldn't get their heads out of their asses. Three different lung biopsies and they still weren't convinced he needed a transplant. Hell they told him he had hepatitis, diabetes and his heart was failing.

He moved back here to die basically. Went to the ER in NRH and was transported to UTSW. They immediately put him on the donor list and he had a transplant within a week. His heart is fine, he doesn't have diabetes or hepatitis and two months later other than the scars and him walking slow you'd have no idea what he went through. No more oxygen tanks!
          Glad to hear he's doing so well and he was well taken care of. Definitely an encouragement to hear when exploring treatment options at one of their facilities.

Comment

Working...
          X