Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you maintain your own pool or have a pool service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
    So what would it cost per month if you paid someone to maintain it? Lets say a 22k gal pool as mentioned above. Curious, we are looking for a house WITH a pool very soon and want to know cost/time of doing it ourselves or paying someone.
    125-175 a month, depending on frequency of visit, and if your chlorine, salt, or mineral.
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      You are a lazy vagina. I've been taking care of my parents pool since I was 10. It's not difficult and can be very rewarding when swim season comes around (which is actually year round if you don't mind paying the extra gas bill in the winter).
      Well if I was still living with my parents and had virtually zero responsibility, I would concur.

I've had my pool for 6 years and *almost everything that could go wrong, has. Including my house being struck by lightning, and frying all the pool equipment. I have also had it green and frogs living in it , and I'm up at midnight trying to kill some frogs that are keeping me up all night.

I know how to fix almost anything on a pool now though!
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        I maintain my buddies pool for cheaper rent, it's really not all that tough once you're at a run and maintain scenario.

When I moved in the pool was FUCKED. He had stopped paying for service and the pool sat for 3 months, then the filter lid had a crack since he doesn't have a freeze guard and didn't turn the pump on when it got real cold. Fixed the part, drained the water, re-filled, stabilized it, and now it's easy breezy.
        I let mine get outta hand past couple months and just now starting to get it stabilized. Dealing with a mustard algea issue right now.

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        I do my own, salt water pool is a little less work. Gotta add muriatic acid every week during the summer to keep the PH in balance, gotta backwash the DE about 3 times a year, and take the DE filter apart once a year. Clean skimmer and empty Polaris as needed.
        Salt water setup would be nice!
        Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        That 2 hours a week is my Black Ops time!!!
        LOL

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Beaterjuiced View Post
          I let mine get outta hand past couple months and just now starting to get it stabilized. Dealing with a mustard algea issue right now.

Salt water setup would be nice!

LOL
          Might have to clean off the DE filters frequently until it's good.

The pool here was bad. Once we finally got the new filter lid I had everything put back together and let it run for a little bit. It did suck in the DE powder, but about an hour later the skimmers had no suction.

I removed the lid and it was completely junked up... in an HOUR! I said fuck it and told my roommate to go rent a pump.

Comment

I used to keep my up own pool until I ran into the same problems that some of you are mentioning, mustard algae, etc. Seems like every time I had a business trip that 's when the pool started acting up. I finally got a pool service owned by Ronnie Frick that has done a great job for the past few years.

Comment

I maintain my pool. My neighbors all have a service come out to clean and treat (come to think about it I am the only one who mows he's own yard also). We have a great pool supply close by that can test water and provide chemicals for treatment. My neighbors are paying 50.00 to 65.00 per visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                I maintain my pool. My neighbors all have a service come out to clean and treat (come to think about it I am the only one who mows he's own yard also). We have a great pool supply close by that can test water and provide chemicals for treatment. My neighbors are paying 50.00 to 65.00 per visit.
                My neighborhood is the same way. Sometimes I think they dislike the fact that I do my own pool, yard, irrigation, etc.

Comment

I maintain my own and it's a PITA. Well, it is a good workout scrubbing all the algae off if you let it get bad. I really need to get a custom pool cover for the winter. Do any of you have ideas as to where to get one made and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                    Damn, 50-60 per visit? For the two years maintaining this pool, I've been using Leslie's for testing and chemicals because thet are just around the corner. Their prices suck though...

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
                      I maintain my own and it's a PITA. Well, it is a good workout scrubbing all the algae off if you let it get bad. I really need to get a custom pool cover for the winter. Do any of you have ideas as to where to get one made and how much?
                      Yeah it can be a hell of a workout lol. For a custom cover it will run you around 1200-1500, depending if you install it yourself and size/shape of pool.

Comment

What are you guys paying for a pool service and who are you using?
                        I'll clean it for free if I can swim in it anytime I want
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mutherjuggz View Post
                          i'll clean it for free if i can swim in it anytime i want :d
                          yessssss!

Comment

yessssss!
                            You need those cameras installed now?

Comment

I pay the local Canadians in kfc buckets to clean mine

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                                I pay the local Canadians in kfc buckets to clean mine
                                Is there a soul-glo oil slick on top of the water?

Comment

Working...
                                X