Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you maintain your own pool or have a pool service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you maintain your own pool or have a pool service?

What are you guys paying for a pool service and who are you using?

A_______B________I________D_______E

i'd just have you do it if i owned a pool...
    first class white trash

Comment

I do my own and its a PITA
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Why?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I maintain my buddies pool for cheaper rent, it's really not all that tough once you're at a run and maintain scenario.

When I moved in the pool was FUCKED. He had stopped paying for service and the pool sat for 3 months, then the filter lid had a crack since he doesn't have a freeze guard and didn't turn the pump on when it got real cold. Fixed the part, drained the water, re-filled, stabilized it, and now it's easy breezy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Why?

Just cause its about the same upkeep as a decent sized yard and about 75-100/month average in costs over a year.

I just upgraded my pump to a high efficiency unit, so power consumption is not that big of a factor anymore, but it does increase my electricity/gas(heated pool/spa) bill by about 30-50 month on average.

I have to add water to it in the summer about every 3 days. Also empty out the pool sweeper 3 days or so. Every weekend you have to empty the strainers, check replace chlorine tabs.

Every month or you you check the pressure on your DE filter (if you have one)

All of the above is required if you want it to be "always ready" to jump in. Which that's what you want if you have a pool.
            WRX

Comment

Just cause its about the same upkeep as a decent sized yard and about 75-100/month average in costs over a year.

I just upgraded my pump to a high efficiency unit, so power consumption is not that big of a factor anymore, but it does increase my electricity/gas(heated pool/spa) bill by about 30-50 month on average.

I have to add water to it in the summer about every 3 days. Also empty out the pool sweeper 3 days or so. Every weekend you have to empty the strainers, check replace chlorine tabs.

Every month or you you check the pressure on your DE filter (if you have one)

All of the above is required if you want it to be "always ready" to jump in. Which that's what you want if you have a pool.
              So, an hour or two average per week. OMG!

Comment

I should add my pool is a ~22k gallon diving pool
                WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  So, an hour or two average per week. OMG!
                  That 2 hours a week is my Black Ops time!!!
                  WRX

Comment

That 2 hours a week is my Black Ops time!!!
                    You are a lazy vagina. I've been taking care of my parents pool since I was 10. It's not difficult and can be very rewarding when swim season comes around (which is actually year round if you don't mind paying the extra gas bill in the winter).

Comment

I do my own, salt water pool is a little less work. Gotta add muriatic acid every week during the summer to keep the PH in balance, gotta backwash the DE about 3 times a year, and take the DE filter apart once a year. Clean skimmer and empty Polaris as needed.

Comment

So what would it cost per month if you paid someone to maintain it? Lets say a 22k gal pool as mentioned above. Curious, we are looking for a house WITH a pool very soon and want to know cost/time of doing it ourselves or paying someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                          So what would it cost per month if you paid someone to maintain it? Lets say a 22k gal pool as mentioned above. Curious, we are looking for a house WITH a pool very soon and want to know cost/time of doing it ourselves or paying someone.
                          Pay someone to do it for you for the first 3 months. Watch what he/she does and learn. After 3 months take on the task youself. Did it that way on the house in Houston.
                          I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                            i'd just have you do it if i owned a pool...
                            I'd take a dump in your pool...

Well I do mine and my kids daycare. The daycare knocks $65 a week off tuition and she buys the chemicals. The longest I spent on their pool was a couple of hours a week, but for the most part just a hour.

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                              The pool here I would guess is that size, it's 8 feet or so in the deep end and a large pool. My buddy was paying $150 a month for the pool service.

Comment

Working...
                              X