Cancelling dishnetwork and fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    What exactly cost $100.00? (if said contract is up?)
    To ship their equipment back.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
      Surely not pre-paid shipping? I wouldn't think it would cost that much. Hell I'd ask them if they have a local office I can return thier shit too. I had the same problem with the cable company wanting to charge me for a modem when I canceled service due toa move because I didn't return thier equipment.
      Long story short I asked them to send me a return kit or come and pick it up. They didn't and reported to the credit bureus which I disputed and had removed.
      After some reading, they do not have any offices that you can physically return them to. Amazing they can bring you the shit, but you have to mail it back. I was going to cancel once and they told me they were going to send me labels and boxes. I was told to climb on my roof and get the dual line LNB and pack it. I told them I did not have to get on my roof to have it installed. They did not much care.

Comment

I am going to try one more time to get them to give me new member promotion.. if they will I will stay with Dish to avoid the hassle.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

After some reading, they do not have any offices that you can physically return them to. Amazing they can bring you the shit, but you have to mail it back. I was going to cancel once and they told me they were going to send me labels and boxes. I was told to climb on my roof and get the dual line LNB and pack it. I told them I did not have to get on my roof to have it installed. They did not much care.
          It seems as I recall that Dish wants their LNB back because they retain ownership of it, while DirecTV doesn't need theirs returned because it is sold both through DirecTV themselves and outside retailers.

Comment

I was told to climb on my roof and get the dual line LNB and pack it. I told them I did not have to get on my roof to have it installed. They did not much care.
            Dish is funny about their LNBs. I told them to come on out and get it, I didn't own a ladder nor did I have a way to climb on my roof.

Comment

FYI... messing around with Dish's website and was going through the order form... their current promotion includes 3 months of free playboy.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

When I switched from Charter to FiOS in Denton, I returned the Charter equipment to the closest office, got a receipt and everything. They called me A YEAR AND A HALF LATER looking for their equipment. The message they left on my cell phone went word for word like this:

"Hell, Mr. Thomas, this is Jenny from Charter cable. We are calling you to inform you that we cannot find the equipment you returned. Please call us and tell us where it is or we will be forced to take action against you."

I promptly called them back and told them I have a return receipt, which they said must have been forged. I told them to go fuck themselves and if they wanted to take it to court they would lose, because I returned their equipment, and have a SIGNED EQUIPMENT RETURN RECEIPT. I never heard from them again and nothing has gone on my credit. Fucking crooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  When I switched from Charter to FiOS in Denton, I returned the Charter equipment to the closest office, got a receipt and everything. They called me A YEAR AND A HALF LATER looking for their equipment. The message they left on my cell phone went word for word like this:

"Hell, Mr. Thomas, this is Jenny from Charter cable. We are calling you to inform you that we cannot find the equipment you returned. Please call us and tell us where it is or we will be forced to take action against you."

I promptly called them back and told them I have a return receipt, which they said must have been forged. I told them to go fuck themselves and if they wanted to take it to court they would lose, because I returned their equipment, and have a SIGNED EQUIPMENT RETURN RECEIPT. I never heard from them again and nothing has gone on my credit. Fucking crooks.
                  fuck Charter Cable with Geor's Dildo

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    FYI... messing around with Dish's website and was going through the order form... their current promotion includes 3 months of free playboy.
                    And Showtime, you can also get $50 off if you search the coupon sites and a $20 gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      And Showtime, you can also get $50 off if you search the coupon sites and a $20 gift card.
                      Do you know if the coupons will work over the phone? I doubt I will be able to do it online since I am already a customer.

I will search for coupons.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Do you know if the coupons will work over the phone? I doubt I will be able to do it online since I am already a customer.

I will search for coupons.
                        They are new subscriber deals, you need to go ahead and threaten to cancel service. You'll get someone in India reading a script who can probably offer $10 off your bill or free HD for life or equipment upgrades. Get past the first one to the retention department though and they'll do a lot better. I'd guess they'd have a $40-$50 one time credit and be able to shave something off your bill for the next year, either that or offer you their best package for what you are paying now.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          They are new subscriber deals, you need to go ahead and threaten to cancel service. You'll get someone in India reading a script who can probably offer $10 off your bill or free HD for life or equipment upgrades. Get past the first one to the retention department though and they'll do a lot better. I'd guess they'd have a $40-$50 one time credit and be able to shave something off your bill for the next year, either that or offer you their best package for what you are paying now.
                          I want the new suscriber package or something better or im going to direct.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post

what a bitchwhoreface. that just made me mad and it has nothing to do with me.
                            I would throw out the equally absurd argument that she must be the one who stole your equipment after you returned it and deleted the record.

fuck jenny from charter cable.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I am at the end of my contract and since Dish does not want to give me the new promotions.. I am choosing to with Direct and getting more channels in the process.

Has anyone been successful and getting them to eliminate the $100 fee to mail their equipment back? Can I argue that they give me the address and I will mail it back myself without it being prepaid?
                              directv wont charge to send crap back.
                              they also dont want their lnb back. they do want their receivers back however if they are rental units.

i have dtv, i'm pleased enough with it. you should use my account # and say i referred you, we both get $100 credit... that can go towards your bye bye dish fee.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I had dishnetwork, and cancelled last year, they sent boxes to my house and I sent back the dvr's, I didn't have to pay a dime. Weird.
                                Slow moving projects
                                1964 C10 350/700r4
                                1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X