Cancelling dishnetwork and fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling dishnetwork and fees

I am at the end of my contract and since Dish does not want to give me the new promotions.. I am choosing to with Direct and getting more channels in the process.

Has anyone been successful and getting them to eliminate the $100 fee to mail their equipment back? Can I argue that they give me the address and I will mail it back myself without it being prepaid?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

if they want their old equipment they can pick it up. i've had it with dish and their old shitty equipment.

Comment

I just cancelled with Direct over the same argument, when I actually cancelled service though (after having Dish installed) they offered me what I wanted in the first place.

If you are out of contract why would they charge you return shipping? I've been with both and cancelled both, no problems returning product. Dish right now is the better of the two in my opinion though, based on pricing and technology offerings. Their sling adapter is only $99 and they are pushing Google TV really hard right now, it's in it's infancy but it's pretty slick.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        if they want their old equipment they can pick it up. i've had it with dish and their old shitty equipment.
        They have my bank account and S.S.#. I will gladly give their equipment back... I just don't want to pay to do it.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I just cancelled with Direct over the same argument, when I actually cancelled service though (after having Dish installed) they offered me what I wanted in the first place.

If you are out of contract why would they charge you return shipping? I've been with both and cancelled both, no problems returning product. Dish right now is the better of the two in my opinion though, based on pricing and technology offerings. Their sling adapter is only $99 and they are pushing Google TV really hard right now, it's in it's infancy but it's pretty slick.
          I just compared the two and after the first year discounts, Direct tv comes in $1 cheaper for the package with channels we want. BUT for the first 3 months I get all of the movie channels with direct and only one set with Dish.

I do not know what a sling adapater is and could care less bout internet on TV. Where we live, our internet would not be able to support it anyway.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Get out of sat/cable crap. End of problems. If there is a big game or fight or... whatever, just run up to Hooters (or somewhere like it) and have a fun evening with others.

Comment

Off-the-air at home FTW.

No contracts, no hassles.

Comment

Switching from Dish to Fios is the best move I ever made.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  Fios and Uverse are not available.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                    I don't think that's available for his area.

Comment

If you are on instant pay, close your bank account. Directv decided they would bill me for over $500 after I cancelled for equipment that I owned and was outside the contract. Had to fight those fuckers tooth and nail and file a fraud complaint to get my cash back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        If you are on instant pay, close your bank account. Directv decided they would bill me for over $500 after I cancelled for equipment that I owned and was outside the contract. Had to fight those fuckers tooth and nail and file a fraud complaint to get my cash back.
                        This happened to the tune of $700+ to my brother. Google this shit, they have fucked tens of thousands of people like this.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          This happened to the tune of $700+ to my brother. Google this shit, they have fucked tens of thousands of people like this.

Stevo
                          Sounds like some bank for a lawyer who is willing to do a class auction lawsuit.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

What exactly cost $100.00? (if said contract is up?)

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                              What exactly cost $100.00? (if said contract is up?)
                              Surely not pre-paid shipping? I wouldn't think it would cost that much. Hell I'd ask them if they have a local office I can return thier shit too. I had the same problem with the cable company wanting to charge me for a modem when I canceled service due toa move because I didn't return thier equipment.
                              Long story short I asked them to send me a return kit or come and pick it up. They didn't and reported to the credit bureus which I disputed and had removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X