smashburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I was unimpressed w/ Smashburger. Not sure why though.

Go try Patty Shack off of 360 and Ave K when you get a chance. *drool* They put stuff in the patty, not just on top. Example: The Jethro has bleu cheese, bacon, grilled onions and cajun spices cooked into the patty, then the standard lettuce, tomato, etc on top.

http://www.pattyshackburgers.com/
    You can buy pre-made patties at Central Market like that, it's pretty cool. Leah and I picked up a couple a few months ago and grilled them at home.

Comment

Go try Patty Shack off of 360 and Ave K when you get a chance. *drool* They put stuff in the patty, not just on top. Example: The Jethro has bleu cheese, bacon, grilled onions and cajun spices cooked into the patty, then the standard lettuce, tomato, etc on top.

Alright I've ate there twice now and that place is bad ass.
      So far I've had the Jethro which was awesome and the Chowboy which was damn good also.

Cool little place and waitresses are cute as can be too.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
        Alright I've ate there twice now and that place is bad ass.
        So far I've had the Jethro which was awesome and the Chowboy which was damn good also.

Cool little place and waitresses are cute as can be too.

I tried Patty Shack today also, i chickened out on making my own mix and just went with the Jethro.. good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          So there is a new one at MacArthur and 114, that opened up a few weeks ago.

I tried it out today, and it's not bad. Not the best burger ever, but better than your typical fast food burger.

Their onion rings are the shiznit! Burger was alright. Not too salty. Chili is ok, but nothing to write home about. It's no Burger Island, though!
          Sweet, I'll have to try it out!

Tired of all of you fuckers talking about great stuff I've never had.... except that asshole that mentioned Que-Sa-D'yas or whatever that dogshit between a tortilla was....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Sweet, I'll have to try it out!

Tired of all of you fuckers talking about great stuff I've never had.... except that asshole that mentioned Que-Sa-D'yas or whatever that dogshit between a tortilla was....
            Their big thing is that everything is fresh. Lettuce is deep green, tomatoes are bright red (not orange or pale orange), they use purple onions on burgers, and patties are made fresh in house (not some frozen shit). It's not the best, but you could taste the freshness, so I thought it was a million times better than say McD's or Wendy's.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Isn't Smashburger Leonard Davis and Marc Columbo's chain?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
                Isn't Smashburger Leonard Davis and Marc Columbo's chain?
                Yes.

Comment

So there is a new one at MacArthur and 114, that opened up a few weeks ago.

I tried it out today, and it's not bad. Not the best burger ever, but better than your typical fast food burger.

Their onion rings are the shiznit! Burger was alright. Not too salty. Chili is ok, but nothing to write home about. It's no Burger Island, though!
                  ok you really are a burger guru!!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Their big thing is that everything is fresh. Lettuce is deep green, tomatoes are bright red (not orange or pale orange), they use purple onions on burgers, and patties are made fresh in house (not some frozen shit). It's not the best, but you could taste the freshness, so I thought it was a million times better than say McD's or Wendy's.
                    I'm down.

What's better, Scotty P's, JC's, 5 Guys or Smashburger?

I've been itching for a good burger and fries lately but have only been to one of the above... See the first 3 everywhere though..

Comment

That's the way patty shack is, well except the lettuce, they use shredded which doesn't matter to me since I don't eat lettuce on my burger.

The tomatos are huge and fresh sliced
                      THe use fresh ground beef and hand make the patties when you order.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        I'm down.

What's better, Scotty P's, JC's, 5 Guys or Smashburger?

I've been itching for a good burger and fries lately but have only been to one of the above... See the first 3 everywhere though..
                        JC's is decent. The thing I like about five guys is the fries. Smash and FG is about on the same level. I was highly disappointed with Scotty P's, I thought is sucked. All of it.

Top 3 in my mind, in DFW,would be Burger Island, Love Shack, and the new to me Stan's. Since Hole in the Wall is dead now...

Only thing I thing that would make Stan's better, is a more crisp bun. Like a Ciabatta or egg bun, IMO.

Comment

Hey i had read this earlier and decided to try the Patty Shack out tonight. When i turned the corner by the Valero station my lower ball joint broke wheel sunk into the fender it sucked but was able to walk over get my burger while i waited for a flatbed lol! Bacon,Cheddar Cheese, and A-1 sauce cooked in the burger it was AWESOME!
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess I have low standards, but I like the Old Timer w/cheese from Chili's. And the Twin Peaks in Lewisville has damn good burgers.
                            Last edited by LS1Goat; 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                              I guess I have low standards, but I think like the Old Timer w/cheese from Chili's. And the Twin Peaks in Lewisville has damn good burgers.
                              Yes, you have very low standards. All of Chili's food is horrible and Twin Peaks is about the same way. Only difference is Chili's has always sucked and Twin Peaks went down (at a landslide, albeit) over the past few years.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                                Mooyah Burgers. expensive for fast food but so damn good.
                                Just went and eat there for lunch today, it was very good! I also had Five guys in South Beach Miami and it was very similar. I have to try Smashburger soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X