No announcement yet.

Stop signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stop completely, but its not always behind the line.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      Ha! Tell the truth people! I'm asking just to get a feel as to what people normally do
      I am telling the truth, so answer my parking lot question.

Comment

I will come really close to stopping, generally. If I'm halfway through it, and I see a cop, I'll jam on the brakes & back up real quick. That way, I'm inconspicuous.

If I have to make a right turn, it might as well be a yield sign.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Depends, if no one is around, i'll slow down, and look both ways, and maybe stop and go if no one is coming, like a rolling stop, but I don't just blast through them, unless of course I just didn't see the stop sign.

it's like the blinker law for me...

If I need to notify someone or at least alert someone of my intentions, i.e i'm changing lanes and it's a tight squeeze, or turning in the right lane that also goes straight, or into a parking lot.

But if I'm on the highway by myself changing lanes, i don't use my blinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
            Do you make a complete stop, or do slow and roll?
            Fishing for quota???

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              I am telling the truth, so answer my parking lot question.
              I would like to know as well because I stop at all stop signs on the road but not ones in parking lots unless there are other cars
              BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
              I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
              PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Stop following me Luis!!! I see you in that rice rocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
                  I would like to know as well because I stop at all stop signs on the road but not ones in parking lots unless there are other cars
                  Parking lots are private property, and you can't get a running at stop sign ticket there, as they aren't the same...

You can however get a reckless driving ticket which is an officer's discretion. At least that's what I remember...

RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
                  (c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies to:
                  (1) a private access way or parking area provided for a client or patron by a business....

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    Depends, if no one is around, i'll slow down, and look both ways, and maybe stop and go if no one is coming, like a rolling stop, but I don't just blast through them, unless of course I just didn't see the stop sign.

it's like the blinker law for me...

If I need to notify someone or at least alert someone of my intentions, i.e i'm changing lanes and it's a tight squeeze, or turning in the right lane that also goes straight, or into a parking lot.

But if I'm on the highway by myself changing lanes, i don't use my blinker.
                    I'm almost positive that any car sold in California has the signals disabled.

Comment

none of the cops out here in Sachse come to a complete stop, so I don't either
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

rolling stop, whatcha gonna do about it? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy90GT View Post
                          rolling stop, whatcha gonna do about it? :P

I'll smack you with my expandable baton.
                          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

After coming to halt I think to myself, "STOP... Hammer time."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                                Ha! Tell the truth people! I'm asking just to get a feel as to what people normally do
                                The truth for me is that I stop, and let the nose of my car come back up before continuing through the intersection.

Comment

Working...
                                X