I'm moving to Commiefornia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm moving to Commiefornia

Wish me luck! I accepted a job offer with my current employer and will be moving in the next few months, traveling back and forth until then.

Anyone have any advice on selling a house? I'm also curious how state income tax works, epsecially if I move mid year?

I have always loved Southern California, not many places where you can surf in the morning and snowboard the same day.

I think it's a good time to buy a house out there, it seems the housing market may have bottomed out.

A big year of changes for me... just got married now we're moving. Figures, right at the same time In-N-Out comes here

I hope that you got a fat raise to come out here, real estate is on the down turn, but still outrageous.

Where are you moving too? I'll buy you a beer or three if I'm still here.

Comment

congrats.

what part doing what?

Comment

God I miss southern Cali! Can't find a bad spot to live anywhere south of LA IMO.

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Good for you Andy. Let's hook up before you bail. I'm looking to leave TX around 7/25.

Comment

Im sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Im sorry
              Why?

Comment

It's a regional job, I'll be all over San Diego and LA supporting IT operations at 17 different sites.

I have the freedom to pick where I want to live, as long as it's near one of those locations. I'll also be able to work from home quite a bit when not required to be onsite.

We're mainly looking to buy in the Temecula (bro!) or Murrieta area beacuse that's where we can get the most house for the money. Pretty much centered between LA & SD.

Aaron, Sean I'll hit both of ya'll up. I'm pretty excited about the move.

Vegas is one of my sites too

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Why?
                  Because he is moving to Cali, now please stop with the retorical questions.

Comment

Aww...good luck out there bud. Fuck that place in the goat ass
                    .....bro....

Comment

Because he is moving to Cali, now please stop with the retorical questions.
                      You know, I've had really mixed feelings on this job. I've gone back and forth, even PM'ed Aaron a few times, think I even told him I decided against it.

I dislike a lot of the fake types there, really cannot stand a lot of their politcal decisions, and the traffic will suck especially driving all over.

But damn, I love the climate, scenery & lifestlye. I've visted there over a dozen times over the years. It just feels like home to me... jamming out with the windows down year round and seeing beautiful mountains and beaches puts me in a good place. There is so much to see and do outdoors. Unlike here where it's too damn hot, too damn cold or too damn windy.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        You know, I've had really mixed feelings on this job. I've gone back and forth, even PM'ed Aaron a few times, think I even told him I decided against it.

I dislike a lot of the fake types there, really cannot stand a lot of their politcal decisions, and the traffic will suck especially driving all over.

But damn, I love the climate, scenery & lifestlye. I've visted there over a dozen times over the years. It just feels like home to me... jamming out with the windows down year round and seeing beautiful mountains and beaches puts me in a good place. There is so much to see and do outdoors. Unlike here where it's too damn hot, too damn cold or too damn windy.
                        I had alot of family move from South Cali to Georgia a few years ago and in my expirience its a awsome place to visit but I just couldnt live there. Just being a car guy, the smog laws would kill it for me. Never mind the insane cost of living but if your going to work there then you probably (hopefully) got a huge cost of living raise.

My family did it right, they got in there and bought real estate back when prices were reasonable and got out before the housing bubble popped.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          I'm also curious how state income tax works, epsecially if I move mid year?
                          As I recall, if you did not spend the entire year there you don't have to pay. I moved here from CA 11 years ago though, so that may have changed.

Comment

I had alot of family move from South Cali to Georgia a few years ago and in my expirience its a awsome place to visit but I just couldnt live there. Just being a car guy, the smog laws would kill it for me. Never mind the insane cost of living but if your going to work there then you probably (hopefully) got a huge cost of living raise.

My family did it right, they got in there and bought real estate back when prices were reasonable and got out before the housing bubble popped.
                            The smog/gun laws suck, but it's an awesome place to live if you can afford it. There is absolutely no southern hospitalty, but I keep being me regardless. Plenty of fake people around, but there are also plenty of "outsiders." There is a huge dichotomy between the "have's" and the "have not's."

I will agree though, that it's a much better place to visit than to live. Depending on where you are at, you can be at the beach, the desert, or the mountains within an hour.

Being that you mention LA and San Diego, have you consiered Carlsbad or San Clemente? Both are customers of mine (Murrieta too), if you want more house for your money, travel east. The farther away from the ocean you get, the better the prices are.

Comment

I've often wondered what the real difference is, with the state income tax, higher gas prices, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X