Knives & Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives & Sharpening

So I did a quick search but didn't find a dedicated thread to knives. Didn't know where to put this either, as the Armory I felt was better suited for guns at the moment, and not weapons in general, which I think there should be a sub-forum for knives and misc.

I have a few knives, never really taken care of them and looking to get a sharpening kit. Heard Edge Pro is the shit, but wanna get this thread started for those of you who collect knives and know the ins & outs of the game.

Pics to come later of my few, but who has opinions on sharpening, stones, methods, etc. Feel free to post up your knife pics too.

-Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if you feel it necessary

California eh?

Comment

Use your wrist.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I have the Edge Pro Apex and love it. Not the cheapest sharpening kit out there but it's served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
          California eh?
          Your point?

Comment

I use 3 different Arkansas stone. Soft, medium, fine. A lot of people have a hard time holding the knife at the right angle though so its not for everyone.

Comment

I have a simple diamond hone for maintenance and a 5 stone kit from matco , ehh it does the job
              I like my HK/benchmade automatic
              The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I use a belt sanders.
                Sent from my iPhone killer!
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I use my teeth
                  Originally posted by talisman
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  Originally posted by AdamLX
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Because fuck you, that's why
                  Originally posted by 80coupe
                  nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena
                  ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

i just use peoples backs!
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                      i just use peoples backs!
                      are you messican?

Comment

Wet stones diamond stones are Damn good for a nice burr free edge but keep the blade at the same angle if not you'll be working the knife all day. Usually if you're not hard on your knives ceramic rod will keep um razor Sharp. I'm too hard on mine so I travel with an old stone that use to be my grandfathers. I love my blades more than my guns more mess and no noise after the job is done.
                        Yeah its old and ugly but

Comment

How is a ceramic rod going to keep your blade sharp? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            How is a ceramic rod going to keep your blade sharp? Huh?
                            Like a steel. It will straighten the blade.

Sent from my iPhone killer!
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

A ceramic rod or a steel aligns the little "teeth" on a blade from normal wear. It's not going to "sharpen" your blade. If you use a knife with any degree of regularity, it's going to need an actual sharpening at some point, regardless of how "hard" you are on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X