DFWMUstangs Book/Reading list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Cool, sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks, man.
    After reading the Tower series back to back to however many back a few years ago, I unofficially quit King, just from over-saturation, but fucked up is right in my wheelhouse.
    Stephen King is great, but his last few books (with the exception of Duma Key) have been blah. I read them, but I haven't really connected with the characters or the stories like I have with other King novels in the past.

I liked From a Buick 8, very good. My all time favorite King novel is still The Stand, great characters and story.

Comment

Currently reading Friday Night Lights since I couldn't find any Half Price Bookstores that have the next book in the series I was reading before hand. After that, I'll probably start reading either Green Hell or Assholology.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Mickey Thompson: The Fast Life and Tragic Death of a Racing Legend. Great book !

I want to get Smokey Yunick's autobiography. Best Damn Garage in Town.

-Aaron

Comment

Shibumi by Trevanian.

It was written in 1979, I think, so some of the technology mentioned is a bit off, but more of it is waaaaay ahead of it's time as far as data/internet stuff.

More importantly though, it's a cool spy story.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
            Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Definitely.
            I'm Rereading it so I can read the sequels
            I've read the Ender series (Ender's Game, Xenocide, Children of the Mind and Speaker for the Dead) but I haven't read any of the Bean offshoots.

I'd love to sit down and re-read all of them.

Comment

lone survivor was the last one i read. The last 50 or so pages will bring a tear to your eye, i'd bet on it. Great book though.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                I've read the Ender series (Ender's Game, Xenocide, Children of the Mind and Speaker for the Dead) but I haven't read any of the Bean offshoots.

I'd love to sit down and re-read all of them.
                i actually just finsihed the bean off shoots. Ender's shadow, shadow of the hegemon, shadow puppets, and shawdow of the giant. great books and captures to me the the ender world. go pick them up
                99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  Let a nigga loan that shit.

I think the Long Walk is being made into a movie due out early next year.

You need to read Every Man a Tiger , hoss. You might like it.
                  You have ur own copy...

Comment

The Hells Angels by Hunter S Thompson and Full Disclosure by the guys at The Ticket.
                    Last edited by Gear_Jammer; 11-22-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Jennifer Government is pretty goddamn entertaining. The bit with the Ferrari is so over the top it's hilarious. If you like it, his first book, Syrup, is ten times better.
                      I read it on the plane this morning, it was entertaining.

I passed the Ferrari bit, thought 'That was stupid' and continued, it took me 30 pages before I remembered what you said.

Comment

just finished Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand....weird....

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          I read it on the plane this morning, it was entertaining.

I passed the Ferrari bit, thought 'That was stupid' and continued, it took me 30 pages before I remembered what you said.
                          Hell, I thought it was funny, but everyone else I've talked to about it said it was retarded. Just my sense of humor I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Hell, I thought it was funny, but everyone else I've talked to about it said it was retarded. Just my sense of humor I guess.
                            It was funny, but dumb. I was hoping Jennifer was going to open up full auto on John Nike and send him through a high-rise window.

Comment

If you find B-Grade horror flicks entertaining, and are into guns, you need to check out

Monster Hunter International, and Monster Hunter: Vendetta

Both by Larry Correia. Excellent, very entertaining reads.

The third one is due out next year, Monster Hunter: Alpha.
                              Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

I started Decision Points Sunday, and am about halfway through it now. Regardless if you agree with the man's politics or not, I think this is a must read. I really haven't been able to put it down, and its been a long damn time since I've said that about a book.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X