Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
    I don't tip there either.

It seems tipping has really evolved into tipping everyone and their momma. The car wash people, starbucks people, grocery store baggers.

What about laundry services?

Should I tip a car salesman?
    For laundry services, yes. I have clothes dry cleaned regularly, and on several occassions had a last-minute trip pop up. He is always super nice, and the less than 24 hour turn-around has never been a problem.

The car salesman is on a totally different level though, he isn't providing a service, he is working damn hard to get your money, and gets compensated well to do so. The guy that sold me my last car was awesome, and I much appreciated his no-bullshit attitude. It probably helped that I laid it out that I'm in sales too, and didn't care for over-dramitization or smoke and mirrors. His "tip" will be that I go to him first when I buy my next car.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      I have been tipping 50 every day for the past 2 days.. Baller!
      50 Rupees, amiright?
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        The car salesman is on a totally different level though, he isn't providing a service, he is working damn hard to get your money, and gets compensated well to do so.
        Whoever told you car salesman are well compensated lied. Unless you're at a luxury store you don't make shit for the amount of time you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          50 Rupees, amiright?
          Hells yeah! LOL... $1 = approximately 44 INR. I got 1,000 in Rupees and it came to like $24.05. lol
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Call nick. It'll solve your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              Whoever told you car salesman are well compensated lied. Unless you're at a luxury store you don't make shit for the amount of time you're there.
              This was a BMW dealership, I looked at three cars, and test drove one. In and out in less than an hour. The next time we met it was to sign the paperwork.

Comment

I tip a flat 15% for wait staff, 10% if it sucks, and 20% if its good.

For car washes, i leave a buck or two in the mail slot. I dont like to give the porter the money because he wont share it.

Pizza guys 2-3 bucks, haircutters 3 bucks

I do find it funny that a lot of you underestimate what a good car hop at like sonic will make. If you are good looking, you will pull in $16-17 bucks an hour. I'm sorry, but I dont feel a lot of sympathy for someone making more money than I do, lol (and under the table money at that!).

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Yea, I can see restaurants and delivery drivers, I still don't understand at the car wash.

Do you tip roofers putting a new roof on your house?

I provide and IT service and we don't get tips?

Most everything is a service. Just we are to tip when we assume someone makes minimum wage? Pity tip?
                  In a small way, the pity thing for minimum wage workers does come into play. Same for people outside in the elements busting their ass. And then you have to figure that they have their hands on your prized possession and could do a lousy job (resulting in you complaining), or an average job (resulting in nothing, or maybe a buck tip), or a fantastic job. What do you think motivates them to do a fantastic job instead of an average one? Pride in their work? At the car wash? Ha! They aren't really obligated to get every drip out of your doorjamb, or really shine up every crevice of your wheels or to make sure your tailpipe is clean. But if you point that out like you expect it you'll get further if you point with a folded up $5 bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    I do find it funny that a lot of you underestimate what a good car hop at like sonic will make. If you are good looking, you will pull in $16-17 bucks an hour. I'm sorry, but I dont feel a lot of sympathy for someone making more money than I do, lol (and under the table money at that!).
                    So you should tip sonic girls as well?? since I use my debit/credit card alot i never have cash on me....also when they bring me my stuff they hand it to me and really leave to go back in before I would even have a chance to hand them a dollar or two. so how many people do tip the sonic girls?...or in a few cases the sonic guys?
                    sigpic

Comment

I get a rt 44 daily and always tip her a dollar, my wife as well

Comment

I tip at Sonics
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by A+
                          Getting Te car wash now....gonna tell the guy to fuck himself
                          Make sure you have your keys and wallet!
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            Make sure you have your keys and wallet!
                            Lol, I'm jk
                            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                              Lol, I'm jk
                              I am not. That was sincere.

Comment

I'll tip anyone that I feel goes out of their way to make sure I'm taken care of. If I have to continually flag the cocktail waitress in a bar down to get a beer, she won't get shit. If she's there before my beer is 3/4 of the way gone and she's on her way to bringing me another by the time it's funished, she'll be taken care of.
                                My hair stylist and nail tech will happily work me in on short notice and do an incredible job, so they typically get a 25% tip.
                                If my car goes through a full service wash, and I have to remove brake dust from my wheels or ask them to finish the job, they get nothing. If it's well done, they'll get a few bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X