Yay, another tipping thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, another tipping thread

Do you tip the people who work at car washes who dry your car, etc?

I saw a lady tip and thought to myself, is that normal? After some googling, it appears it is.

I personally doubt I will start tipping them.

i tipped that guy a few times, only cause i had some dollars in my pocket, otherwise i wouldnt have.
    .....bro....

Comment

i wash my own car, so no.

Also got into this on fb the other day and apparently i pissed someone off by saying that a tip should be earned and is never guaranteed. I guess he doesn't get good tips or gives shitty service. If you think you deserve a tip just for delivering my pizza you are sadly mistaken, however deliver it on time with a friendly attitude and boom you got some extra cash in your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        i wash my own car, so no.

Also got into this on fb the other day and apparently i pissed someone off by saying that a tip should be earned and is never guaranteed. I guess he doesn't get good tips or gives shitty service. If you think you deserve a tip just for delivering my pizza you are sadly mistaken, however deliver it on time with a friendly attitude and boom you got some extra cash in your pocket.
        Agreed. One local pizza joint always asks if I want to add a tip for the driver on my card over the phone before it's delivered. I once made the order monkey laugh when I responded, "let's not get ahead of ourselves."
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

is it just me or are the people we think should receive a tip dont usually deserve one?
          .....bro....

Comment

I'll tip them at least five if they are busting their ass to do a good job. I'll usually look it over and make them fix some spots, though.

Comment

One of the car washes I frequent has a sign posted against tipping. It says something like "We don't tip your cows. Please don't tip our employees."

Comment

At the car wash I used to go to, the person who pulls your car up takes his sweet as time getting out and creeping around you with the keys in order to extort tip money.

When I do tip I put it in this little tip mailbox they have, because you know the dude who pulls the car up just pockets that shit for himself.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I tip for all kinds of stuff that I shouldn't but I all depends on service and attitude . Funny tip story for you . I was out to dinner in a very nice resturaunt with my wife , her mother and her boyfreind . Dinner was great and as we get up to leave her mother needs to use the bathroom . I take the vallet ticket and walk outside to get the car with my wife . The vallet brings it around and I give him a nice tip . My wife and I get into the back seat (car was mil's bf's car) and as I have had a large dinner I rip a huge and very loud fart . My wife laughs (i live her) and asks me if its gonna stink . I look over my shoulder and take a sniff and yell out O MY GOD ! It was terrible . I know my wife will be red faced so I tell her to get out of the car . We stand on the curb and wait for ml & bf to come out and all get in and shut the doors . As we drive off around the corner everything seems fine until bf turns the air on . Holy christmas cunt the fart was back and rank as ever , Ml starts in with OMG what is that and my whitty side jumps in with the vallet must have farted in the car before he got out . Hook line and sinker but now she wants to know if I tipped . I say yes , 10 bucks and she wants to go back to get the tip money cause she is pissed . This was 6 years ago and the story still comes up . My wife and I have a good laugh every time .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I usually only tip if it's one person doing it and they are doing a thorough job, like getting the door jambs, the bottoms of the doors, etc. Attention to detail and a good, honest effort go a long way with me.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

$3.00 car was FTW!

Comment

of course you guys dont tip, you spend thousands of dollars on your car and parts for it right? how could you possibly afford another dollar?

Comment

We should ask Nick if he got tips after drying off a car.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

I wash my own, and no one can wash it better, so no.

Comment

I don't go to full-service car washes any more, but I usually tipped there. Also regularly tip pizza delivery drivers and at the Starbucks counter.

Comment

Working...
                              X