No announcement yet.

Bye bye Boss 302, and Laguna Seca...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thats a bunch of crap. A few years ago a train filled with new Acura TSX's crashed, and they parted them out. Good Deals were had. Stupid Ford!
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

What ford could make off of parting these cars out is mouse nuts in the general scheme of things, compared to the liabality that may may encounter in doing so. So, they get crushed and life goes on. Life in a big corporation and all.

Comment

It says they crush them and make replacements on fast order.

Maybe they destroy a car and make another with same VIN.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Fast five!!

Comment

They bury the cars? Why?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              They bury the cars? Why?
              So no one can get any parts. Trust me they won't even let you have a valve stem cap off one of the cars. In the case of the escalades that I saw destroyed there wasn't a dent or scratch on any of them. The rules are if the wheels of an auto rack touch the ground every car inside it must be destroyed. They dug a trench about twenty feet deep and drove them into it. Then they used a big ass bulldozer to run them over several times and filled the trench up with dirt.

If they didn't do this could you imagine the liability down the road. Someone gets into a wreck and they somehow find out their vehicle was involved in a train derailment. You know they are going to lawyer up quick and they are going to get paid. It's just cheaper and less headaches to do it this way. Plus whats a few million between friends when the Railroad makes 100s of millions off the auto industry each year.

Comment

Cougar Ace

Comment

I'll buy them all.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                    So no one can get any parts. Trust me they won't even let you have a valve stem cap off one of the cars. In the case of the escalades that I saw destroyed there wasn't a dent or scratch on any of them. The rules are if the wheels of an auto rack touch the ground every car inside it must be destroyed. They dug a trench about twenty feet deep and drove them into it. Then they used a big ass bulldozer to run them over several times and filled the trench up with dirt.

If they didn't do this could you imagine the liability down the road. Someone gets into a wreck and they somehow find out their vehicle was involved in a train derailment. You know they are going to lawyer up quick and they are going to get paid. It's just cheaper and less headaches to do it this way. Plus whats a few million between friends when the Railroad makes 100s of millions off the auto industry each year.
                    Any idea where all those LQ9's are at? I can rent a backhoe.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      I'm fairly certain that the TCEQ would have some issues with the deliberate underground burial of vehicles containing fuel, coolant, lubricants, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        I'm fairly certain that the TCEQ would have some issues with the deliberate underground burial of vehicles containing fuel, coolant, lubricants, etc.
                        True, after our house fire we wanted to bury the remains, and we were told we couldn't because it will damage the water table below. You can't bury anything that could damage the environment.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Someone snag me a pair of the Recaros

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Thats what i was thinking about this story as well - there are problems with it.

Comment

man that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Same reason Ford won't sell them for parts. Liability. When shipping cobtainers fall, they do the same thing. Crushed.
                                Same on truck load of cars, they all go to crusher if in a wreck.

Comment

Working...
                                X