Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    i dont hate it when peoples shit gets towed from parking lots, i love it

i lived in an apartment where there would be 4 or 5 cars in the lot that had no sticker, they were supposed to be towed off but when i would call them they said they could only tow when the manager called. went and told the manager but she was too much of a pussy to give them free range to tow the ones without stickers

if you aren't supposed to be parked there or are double parked(this includes parking on the line, if your vehicle is too large for a normal parking spot then park it on the fucking street) then your shit SHOULD be towed immediately

before any of you start, no i have never been a tow truck driver, worked with them, etc.
    I agree. I had a vehicle parked behind my garage before and I didn't know the vehicle. I couldn't use my garage, that I pay for, until the next morning when a manager was able to call.

I'm not sure why they put tow signs and their number up when no tenant can call.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
      I'm not sure why they put tow signs and their number up when no tenant can call.
      So you know who to call to reclaim your vehicle. It's more for the people that have been impounded. I get countless calls every month from people looking for the company that towed their vehicle from an apartment complex. I have to explain to them about the signs and it gets quite frustrating.
      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
      http://www.titantowing.net
      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        So you know who to call to reclaim your vehicle. It's more for the people that have been impounded. I get countless calls every month from people looking for the company that towed their vehicle from an apartment complex. I have to explain to them about the signs and it gets quite frustrating.
        Ah, that makes some good sense right there.

Comment

To be completely honest, I've never really looked into it. I'll encourage my drivers to carry if they have all the proper licensing. Tow truck drivers are an easy target. Catch one at the end of a shift and they probably have several hundred dollars on them.

As for repo work... you can bet your sweet ass I carry. I've never had to or even been close to having (or wanting) to pull my concealed. If the situation came down and someone pulled a gun on me then I would definitely make every attempt to diffuse the situation and just leave. However if they were firing at me and there was no other option, but to shoot back then I definitely would. My life isn't worth the $150-300 I get paid to do a repo.

This story really makes me think though b/c I take my fiancee with me a lot of times to do repo work...
          you might wanna wear a bullet proof vest! it might save your life one day

Comment

All the time! I had to stop taking checks b/c about half of them would bounce, but otherwise it's pretty evenly split between cash and credit/debit.
            Seems to me that fucking over a guy with the means to collect a vehicle and knowledge of the location of the vehicle doesn't rank as very damn bright.

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
              if you are illegally parked, you should get a ticket.
              Fixed.

I'm sorry - but some minor parking infraction does not warrant a tow. Unless where you parked is causing a major traffic problem or is a creating some hazzard to the public at large, the car should be ticketed and left alone. The ticket should also have one of the "move your shit or you will be towed" stickers, with a 24-48 hour window. This should include DUI stops too. If you get pulled over, and it is legal to leave your car where it is, it should stay there if you want it to.

I think this is a big scam in a lot of cities - they tow shit all over the place just to make some money. In Cleveland, my local pd had an officer whose family owned the towing service. They hooked everybody they could.

If somebody didn't pay their note, and the bank wants it back - of course - tow the car, but if I'm not causing a major problem - there should be no reason for my car to be taken from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                I agree. I had a vehicle parked behind my garage before and I didn't know the vehicle. I couldn't use my garage, that I pay for, until the next morning when a manager was able to call.

I had the first garage at the end of an apartment building for the longest time. I had this shit happen quite a few times. I would get out the floor jacks from my garage and move their shitty ass car into the fire lane or roll it down the parking lot and dump it off. lol
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                  Fixed.
                  buuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiit

why the fuck should i have to park my car on the street cause there are no parking spots in my apt complex due to assholes parking where they shouldn't?!

i know that is for private property but i have the same feeling about city parking spots. if you can't learn how fucking park then don't fucking drive!!

i am not personally attacking you, i just really get irate when i see noparkingasshats ANYWHERE

Comment

why the fuck should i have to park my car on the street cause there are no parking spots in my apt complex due to assholes parking where they shouldn't?!

i know that is for private property but i have the same feeling about city parking spots. if you can't learn how fucking park then don't fucking drive!!

i am not personally attacking you, i just really get irate when i see noparkingasshats ANYWHERE
                    I can't stand the non-drivers either. I had to go way out of my way to park twice yesterday because people can't get their car in between the lines.

The extra 500 ft I had to walk didn't kill me though, and I'd imagine those asshats were really glad they were able to get back to work or home, and didn't come out of chipotle to find their car gone. Maybe they'll get the message from the huge hunk of lung butter I left on their window for them that they need to learn how to park. If I would have seen the owners, I would have had a chat with them about their inconsiderate actions.

Yes - its an inconvenience to have to find another spot further away, but having to get your car out of impound is a gigantic pain in the ass, plus there's a distinct possibility your car will be damaged by the tow. 2 wrongs don't make a right. If it's illegal, let the police ticket it and they will have to pay for their mistake. If it's preventing someone else from accessing their car or a road - go ahead and tow it.

Comment

i understand where you are coming from

but when someone would park in my gated lot(which was pretty small) there would be no place for me to park. i would have to park it down at the end of the block around the corner near an alley that had no lighting. i am not a fat slob so the walking part did not bother me. it was the part about my car being left in the dark near an alley on a side street cause some fucking asshole cant follow rules. fuck giving him a ticket, tow his shit!

i have had my car towed twice because i was parked where i shouldn't have been. first time was at my fathers apt complex where he said it was okay but that ended up not being the case. was i mad at the tow truck driver or company? no, why would i be? ignorance of a law/rule is no excuse. the only person i was pissed at was my dad and myself.

the second time my buddy thought there was no towing at his apt complex but infact there was. again, it was my fault for not being sure. once i saw it was gone i looked around and sure enough on the entrance/exit gate there was a sign(a small one but a sign none the less) that said "towing enforced"

i could have gotten pissed off but what would that have gotten me? nothing. i would have just been one of those people who are pissed off and blaming the world for my actions(not following the rules). instead i now make sure i am in a visitor spot or i know for a fact that the parking is for whoever

that is just me though...

Comment

i understand where you are coming from

but when someone would park in my gated lot(which was pretty small) there would be no place for me to park. i would have to park it down at the end of the block around the corner near an alley that had no lighting. i am not a fat slob so the walking part did not bother me. it was the part about my car being left in the dark near an alley on a side street cause some fucking asshole cant follow rules. fuck giving him a ticket, tow his shit!

i have had my car towed twice because i was parked where i shouldn't have been. first time was at my fathers apt complex where he said it was okay but that ended up not being the case. was i mad at the tow truck driver or company? no, why would i be? ignorance of a law/rule is no excuse. the only person i was pissed at was my dad and myself.

the second time my buddy thought there was no towing at his apt complex but infact there was. again, it was my fault for not being sure. once i saw it was gone i looked around and sure enough on the entrance/exit gate there was a sign(a small one but a sign none the less) that said "towing enforced"

i could have gotten pissed off but what would that have gotten me? nothing. i would have just been one of those people who are pissed off and blaming the world for my actions(not following the rules). instead i now make sure i am in a visitor spot or i know for a fact that the parking is for whoever

that is just me though...
                        GTFO with all that logic and social responsibility!
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

There is a car and truck parked next to each other in my apartment's parking lot. They take up 3 spaces and haven't moved in the two years that I've lived here. The registration and inspection stickers are all 08/09. I don't really give a shit though because the parking never fills up except for late at night on the weekends when people are having parties. I won't complain because I've done some minor car repairs in the parking lot and they've never hassled me about it.

The parking situation at my old apartment in FW was fucking hilarious with all the POS abandoned vehicles around the complex but that was section 8.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                            Fixed.

I'm sorry - but some minor parking infraction does not warrant a tow. Unless where you parked is causing a major traffic problem or is a creating some hazzard to the public at large, the car should be ticketed and left alone. The ticket should also have one of the "move your shit or you will be towed" stickers, with a 24-48 hour window. This should include DUI stops too. If you get pulled over, and it is legal to leave your car where it is, it should stay there if you want it to.

I think this is a big scam in a lot of cities - they tow shit all over the place just to make some money. In Cleveland, my local pd had an officer whose family owned the towing service. They hooked everybody they could.

If somebody didn't pay their note, and the bank wants it back - of course - tow the car, but if I'm not causing a major problem - there should be no reason for my car to be taken from me.
                            Let me guess, you are someone that drives an F350 dually that takes up two parking spaces at town east mall during Christmas, or at Six Flags? As for the DUI, my opinion is that if you break the law like that, then it should be a fucking inconvenience for you to get you

+1. Pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              Let me guess, you are someone that drives an F350 dually that takes up two parking spaces at town east mall during Christmas, or at Six Flags?
                              Nope.. just my little 04 GT - the only spots I take up are the one way at the back of the lot at work, and the one in my garage. I've only had a car towed once, for having a registration five days past due (still in the same month) and I've never gotten a parking ticket, so I don't have any vendetta against tow trucks or drivers - i just think in most cases it's excessive.

Comment

Working...
                              X